Coolant Reservoir for 76 Plymouth Duster

-

Dakota Smith

1976 340 Feather Duster
Reaction score
I am missing the coolant reservoir for my 76 Duster and I’ve seen a ton of different coolant reservoirs and set ups on different cars. This is my first engine build, so I’m confused about what hooks up to the coolant reservoir. Does a hose just connect the radiator to the coolant reservoir? What does it connect to after that? I’ve seen some other boxes hooked up right next to a coolant reservoir, but I’m not sure what it is. If you have any pictures of the correct setup, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. my car doesn’t have air conditioning. Idk if that changes much.

Hose goes to resevoir. Essentially it is intended to keep rad full.
Coolant is drawn from the bottom so it doesent pull air into rad.
Be sure to check cap, you need the overflow type. Anything can be used that will hold a satisfactory amount of coolant.

37C0CD2B-924A-4A92-9D9D-548F6038F8DD.jpeg
Hose goes to resevoir. Essentially it is intended to keep rad full.
Coolant is drawn from the bottom so it doesent pull air into rad.
Be sure to check cap, you need the overflow type. Anything can be used that will hold a satisfactory amount of coolant.
Thanks! What is the round and black part that is on the very top left of this photo? It has a hose connected to it. On my car it is closer to the radiator and I thought it may have hooked up to the reservoir.

some type of vacuum device
booster,or something

definitely not for coolant

(FWIW, i dont run a coolant overflow bottle on my 71)

nothing
the level in the radiator is never more then an inch below the top

the overflow hose is there, in case some wants to get out, but i never needed anything more to get back in

I am missing the coolant reservoir for my 76 Duster and I’ve seen a ton of different coolant reservoirs and set ups on different cars. This is my first engine build, so I’m confused about what hooks up to the coolant reservoir. Does a hose just connect the radiator to the coolant reservoir? What does it connect to after that? I’ve seen some other boxes hooked up right next to a coolant reservoir, but I’m not sure what it is. If you have any pictures of the correct setup, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. my car doesn’t have air conditioning. Idk if that changes much.
Here are the pics. I think this is on a 76 Dart. Same car. Let me know if you need more. I may be selling parts from this car.

IMG_0514.JPG

IMG_0515.JPG

-
Back