Coolest Mopar RV ever.........1975 Dodge Daystar 440

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the back it sort of looks like that box thing the rats roll in, Soul maybe ?
It is awesome though. I cant guess what the value or auction reserve might be.

Geez, need some attention? I like it, but couldn't hang with that paint scheme.....gawd, the body design is strange enough! I'm always interested in old Mopar RV's though. I absolutely LOVE the Class C's with the Dodge van front cab and a 440. They are sooooo cheap too! It's almost a crime how cheap they are! Here's one I had about a decade ago, a Dreamliner or Dreamer (either way) If you search them out on Searchtempest, it's usually not hard to find a nice low-mileage one in decent shape for $2500 or less. I've been looking lately. Mine sounded like an old WWII fighter going down the freeway with Doug's headers, and 2.5" pipes/turbo mufflers. Bad ***....

Attachments

• DCP_0378.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 5,880
Sorry, I just don't see the attraction. It wasn't too terrible until I got to the grille. Looks like a reject from a one-eyed alien space movie

On the other hand, I don't want these, either............

draft_lens18938754module155433509photo_1322343612beetle_camper.jpg

article-2050494-0E6C23F400000578-831_634x445.jpg

6a00d8341c767353ef017744122c11970d-500wi

kvincyr-5_camperbikeride2.jpg

Very cool looking, but i love oddballs. Wonder how far the two fuel tanks totaling 80 gallons would take her? 160 miles LOL.

Some of yall are crazy. That thing is badass.

Attachments

• Daystar-I.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 7,371
  • 2_1.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 4,264
  • 0_1.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 4,217
  • 1_4.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 4,583
Geez, need some attention? I like it, but couldn't hang with that paint scheme.....gawd, the body design is strange enough! I'm always interested in old Mopar RV's though. I absolutely LOVE the Class C's with the Dodge van front cab and a 440. They are sooooo cheap too! It's almost a crime how cheap they are! Here's one I had about a decade ago, a Dreamliner or Dreamer (either way) If you search them out on Searchtempest, it's usually not hard to find a nice low-mileage one in decent shape for $2500 or less. I've been looking lately. Mine sounded like an old WWII fighter going down the freeway with Doug's headers, and 2.5" pipes/turbo mufflers. Bad ***....

HAHA i had one just like that ....i never went anywhere with it ....it was parked in the yard and i made my home in there ...it was really fun.....but then my parents demanded i move back into the house.

but it had a fridge and i used to cook in there and i parked my car next to it ...it was totally my home for a summer (still went in the house for potty and showers though) .....the one i had was very clean and the only problem i ever had is it leaked around the TV antenna .....so no problem i just removed the antenna ...of no use anyway since they changed the TV frequency anyway and panel bonded the hole shut.

seeing this thread makes me really miss my RV and i have thought to get another one

Attachments

• CIMG7844.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 4,284
  • CIMG7845.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 4,353
  • CIMG7843.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 4,476
  • CIMG7842.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 4,650
Quote by O.P. = Coolest Mopar RV ever.........1975 Dodge Daystar 440

EVER THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN..... X2 :eek:ccasion: Never ever seen one =D>

HAHA i had one just like that ....i never went anywhere with it ....it was parked in the yard and i made my home in there ...it was really fun.....but then my parents demanded i move back into the house.

but it had a fridge and i used to cook in there and i parked my car next to it ...it was totally my home for a summer (still went in the house for potty and showers though) .....the one i had was very clean and the only problem i ever had is it leaked around the TV antenna .....so no problem i just removed the antenna ...of no use anyway since they changed the TV frequency anyway and panel bonded the hole shut.

seeing this thread makes me really miss my RV and i have thought to get another one

Wow, that thing is clean inside!

Never heard of them even though I'm into the old Dodge RVs like Travco. So I decided to poke around a little for more info. Only 16 Daystars were made and there's a pretty good back story behind them.
I also threw in a couple pictures of my personal favorite oddball Dodge based RV, the RecTrans Discoverer.
Cool thread!!

http://www.allmanufacturedhomes.com/html/html/1975_daystar.htm
http://exotroopers.wordpress.com/2013/05/09/rvs-of-the-apocalypse-part-5-daystar/

Thanks for the links, might have to look for more now :glasses7:

http://localchurchdiscussions.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?p=25409

The Daystar, built in 1975, utilized a Dodge chassis as a foundation for its design. The eye-catching design boasted an all COR-TEN steel body and teak interior and purportedly sold over $70,000. Only 16 were ever built, making this unique motor-home one of the rarest ever built."

Caption on this pic say, "Included as it appears older. Amazing old world craftsmanship evident in the full teak interior. This Daystar is 1 of 16 ever made. Owner's uncle won it in a poker game back in '76. Actually, he won a Cessna - then proceeded to fly the plane having never done so. And drunk. Crashed the plane attempting to take off, then traded the Cessna for the Daystar. All in ONE night!"

Another site said, "The Daystar came into being desiring to be the premier motorhome of the age. Everything was done in five-star class. 24 karat gold plated faucets in the bath. Genuine Italian marble or onyx vanity tops. 100% virgin wool carpet AND, at the time the only full size bath tub in any motorhome on the market.

At the Los Angeles RV show in '74 or '75 a woman was seen exiting the Daystar, weeping. When asked why she was crying, she said that she had just bought a Barth at well over $100,000 and it was not nearly as well appointed as the Daystar.

They were custom finished to the buyers specs. The Texas model was sold to an avid University of Texas alumni and sported bucksin leather seats, and a burnt orange and white paint job among other things."

:cheers:

Attachments

• daystar.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 6,632
  • daystar2.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 4,332
  • 1975-Daystar.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 4,974
  • daystar3.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 5,857
I've heard people say that some animal is "so ugly that its cute"...

That "thing" is butt ugly... But not ugly enough to be cute. :wack:

Just my opinion... :coffee2:

Never heard of them even though I'm into the old Dodge RVs like Travco. So I decided to poke around a little for more info. Only 16 Daystars were made and there's a pretty good back story behind them.
I also threw in a couple pictures of my personal favorite oddball Dodge based RV, the RecTrans Discoverer.
Cool thread!!

http://www.allmanufacturedhomes.com/html/html/1975_daystar.htm
http://exotroopers.wordpress.com/2013/05/09/rvs-of-the-apocalypse-part-5-daystar/

Pauly- Glad to see somebody as weird as I am with these old Mopar RV's...would love a Travco 220 or 270 with a Cummins transplant. And let's not forget the FMC2900R, with same transplant. My Uncle Buck has a Travco 320 he bought new and is in perfect shape. Little too big for my tastes, but I may end up with it one day

Pauly- Glad to see somebody as weird as I am with these old Mopar RV's...would love a Travco 220 or 270 with a Cummins transplant. And let's not forget the FMC2900R, with same transplant. My Uncle Buck has a Travco 320 he bought new and is in perfect shape. Little too big for my tastes, but I may end up with it one day

Yeah, one of theses days....
I guess you've seen this one then!

That FMC is a crazy lookin sumbitch, it's a pusher, right?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo11DG1nuGk"]1973 Travco 270 motorhome with 1993 Cummins 6BT engine. - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back