Cooling ?????

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Ordered new radiator today for the 67-273. Thinking I would like to remove the engine driven fan and add electric cooling fan in replacement. Anyone have experience with this change. Car is automatic and I will be adding vintage air conditioning at some point.
TIA

Hey Desert,

Good idea on removing the water pump driven fan. What type of radiator did you buy? I recently did this on a customer's car. Although, it wasn't an A body. I used dual SPAL fans (sold by Be Cool; good company BTW). They flow a huge amount of air, about 2200 CFM if I recall.

I mouted them on the water pump side of the radiator, and still had room between the stock water pump pulley. I used the fan relay kit from Painless, which uses a circuit breaker also instead of a fuse. You can get sending units to turn the fan on at 180 degrees, or 200.

Customer is happy, it runs cool and of course we free'd up a little HP by removing the water pump driven fan.

Ideally, you'd want to cover the entire cooling area of the radiator with the cooling fan module. How much surface area do you have? Take a lot measurements to insure the correct fitment to save headaches down the road!

Chris

-
Back