Correct Fan Shroud for a #2898027 Radiator 273

-

Faz

Reaction score
Hi! Barracuda 1968 273. My radiator number is 2898027.
Which is the right fan shroud? Which part number?
Not sure if it's the #2785614 ... cause it looks like some measures are slightly different.
Mancini Racing says that from hole to hole in the upper and bottom is "22.875, but on my radiator I measure 21,65".

mancini-racing-radiator-fan-shroud-99.jpg

Mancini Racing Radiator Fan Shroud

Last edited:
From their image it looks like the width of the shroud not the CL to CL of the holes.

:popcorn:

I ASSume you have a factory radiator? Every 22" A-Body radiator for 68 and 69 uses the 614 shroud, quit trying to figure out something that has been known since 1968 and just go with it...

the rad number tag is missing, but from what I see from the shape it is a 2898027, so a factory one for a 273 like I have.
I just want to be sure about the fitting... cause I'm from Italy, shipping is not cheap for items like this.

I have doubts about the measures, but I don't think this is a 6 cyl radiator... so that I would need a different shroud.

IMG-2267.jpg

OK, sorry I didn't see your location so that makes sense. It is definitely a 22" small block radiator so it will fit.

From their image it looks like the width of the shroud not the CL to CL of the holes.

:popcorn:

Yes, it can be... so if my measures from hole to hole are 21.65" ... it's impossible to reach their 22.875" for the width like they pictured... is less than hole to hole if you see the image.
Anyway... looks like there's only one fan shroud for my application, it must be that one... despite of the measures they show.
Thanks

OK, sorry I didn't see your location so that makes sense. It is definitely a 22" small block radiator so it will fit.
No worries! Yes, looks like the part #2785614 should fit, thank you!

Once I receive the fan shroud, any tips for installation?
Cause to tighten the fan bolts without the shroud is not so easy cause of the small amount of space... but with a shroud installed is impossible... what's the trick?
Maybe to remove the fan first, put the shroud in place without tighten its bolts... then tighten the fan putting the hand between the radiator and the shroud and in the end I tighten the shroud bolts? Thanks

Many cars you set the shroud on then move it to sit on the water pump pully / snout, then put the fan on then position the shroud.

How close is your fan to the rad? My dart has a 2 to 3 inch spacer. I know barracudas are shorter.

-
Back