Correct kickdown linkage for a '74 Duster?

-

Max_118

Reaction score
My previous post was deleted...

So my 1974 Duster (318 2 barrel) is missing the kickdown linkage. I've been researching it and I've seen different linkage types/shapes. Apparently there are different kinds of rods and different shapes of the part that is bolted to the engine block. So, how would I determine which one fits on my car?

Any help would be appreciated.

and so was my answer.
Maybe the mods can restore it.

The first part of your post looked like it was headed tward a 'want ad'
Only when I read further in it became apparent you were looking for advice.

I remember some of what I wrote. Start with a '74 factrory shop manual to see what type was used for a-bodies that year.

Thanks. If I can't get some solid info I'll start looking for a shop manual.

Mymopar.com free pdf download of shop manual AND parts catalog. Many times you can find the part number in the parts book and google the number and find photos or even sale ads

Yup.^^^ And there is nothing more solid than the information published by Chrysler Corp at the time.
Is it perfect? Well no. Sometimes they kept old illustration or made mistakes, but for things like this - its going to be pretty up to date.
You can then check Hamtramck Historical Library for technical service bulletins. Not sure how much for '74 has been collected, scanned and added but always worth a check.

-
Back