Correct radiator cap for 1974

-

cruiser

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the (one year only) green circular earless radiator cap used in A bodies for only 1974? I cannot find an NOS one, or even a good used one. The factory shop manual shows it, but I never see them out there. Any thoughts?

Does anyone have any info on the (one year only) green circular earless radiator cap used in A bodies for only 1974? I cannot find an NOS one, or even a good used one. The factory shop manual shows it, but I never see them out there. Any thoughts?
Any pics? One year only may not be repopped.

I'm talking about the radiator cap. I have the stock rebuilt radiator and the stock overflow bottle setup. It's the radiator cap itself that I'm referring to. Mega Parts does not repo this nor does anyone else, to my knowledge. CRUISER

I'm talking about the radiator cap. I have the stock rebuilt radiator and the stock overflow bottle setup. It's the radiator cap itself that I'm referring to. Mega Parts does not repo this nor does anyone else, to my knowledge. CRUISER
That's why I asked for a photo.

Here's the page showing the one year only radiator cap for 1974. From the 1974 chassis service manual. My Duster should have one of these, but they're impossible to find. Anyone remember these? I do.

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

Humm never seen one like that. A parts book and a part number may get you closer. You will probably have to look for a nose cap. Much easier if you have the original part number.

The repop cap photo from Mega Parts isn't the right one. It'll work on my car, but it doesn't look right. Until I find the right one, I'm using a NOS date coded (H3 - which decodes to August of 1973) cap that I bought on e-Bay.

I actually have an original cap as described in the factory manual. I pulled it in a salvage yard, but it's way too far gone to use. A very small amount of the original lettering (that you can observe in the photos from the shop manual) is still visible. Green script on a white background. Only one I've come across in a very long time. No part number or date code on it anywhere. CRUISER

I can remember seeing that cap. But I don’t know if it’s on my 4 gear duster or not or in my C can unit. My car is an hour away in storage and I don’t know when I’ll be getting up there. Kim

Anyone out there have a 1974 parts manual, and can look up the p/n for this cap?
3673891 is the OEM number from my parts book. Blue Star Performance has a NOS one for $150.00. There's a used on on Ebay for $22.00. Hope this helps.

Tried to contact Blue Star Performance multiple times via phone and e-mail. No response. Are these guys legit? Has anyone ever done business with them? Don't want to place an order with these guys until I hear from them. Ideas?

Finally have the correct original style radiator cap for my 1974 Duster installed. Many thanks to all on FABO who steered me in the right direction. Enjoy!
IMG_0308.jpg
IMG_0309.jpg

-
Back