Correct tires for 67 'Cuda.

-

Hoofer

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm looking to eventually buy tires for my convertible and was wondering who you've gone through to buy them? I'd like to get as close to the original as possible, meaning D70x14 redline sidewalls. What's the closest size to that and can you still get redlines? I'm imagining you can.

One more thing: how can i find out what hubcaps came on my car? I think they had the body-color rims with the small dome in the middle. Any way to find that out. Thanks!

Last edited:
The 205-70 is about as close to a D-70 as you can get, they are small. In 68 they went to a E-70.
Redlines are available from Coker as a bias reproduction and as a bias-look radial (only in F-70).
You can get various new radials in redlines.

Here is my 67 with the Coker F-70 bias-look radial
2018-09-02_012.jpg

Alan

The 205-70 is about as close to a D-70 as you can get, they are small. In 68 they went to a E-70.
Redlines are available from Coker as a bias reproduction and as a bias-look radial (only in F-70).
You can get various new radials in redlines.

Here is my 67 with the Coker F-70 bias-look radial
View attachment 1715239048

Alan
Thanks Alan, great info. And great car!

Coker does have the Firestone Wide Oval in a D-70 but they are bias.

Alan

Just got a set just like Cuda Al's for my 67 vert a few months ago.
I bought my Cokers through Summit Racing and saved $$ with free shipping. Had them in three days.
I also bought a 205-14 for my spare and it fits in the well perfectly.
There were a couple type wheel covers. One was a mag look, the other a bolt on look. Look at Hamtramck registry and it will give you a pic and details.
If you have a build card or broadcast sheet for your car it will tell you what wheel cover it left the factory with.

Three factory and the dealer one
Dog dish
"Deluxe" (standard full cover)
"Bolt-On" Type
"Mag-Wheel" Type (Dealer Only)

Alan

-
Back