Corroded Fastener Removal (short video)

-
Been loosening bleeder's like that for over 20 yrs. Was almost always a 2 man job, though. This tool eliminates that.

Huh? What did you say? :poke: I used to sell those off the MAC truck. They work!

I don't have an impact wrench so maybe I'm just ignorant. I did not really understand the demo.

So he used an impact wrench and pulled on the end wrench at the same time? How does one "overpower" an impact wrench? Those things must pound the hell out of a frozen fastener. And it the nut is stuck, wouldn't it still round off?

I don't have an impact wrench so maybe I'm just ignorant. I did not really understand the demo.

So he used an impact wrench and pulled on the end wrench at the same time? How does one "overpower" an impact wrench? Those things must pound the hell out of a frozen fastener. And it the nut is stuck, wouldn't it still round off?
Its an air HAMMER, not an impact wrench. There is no turning of the socket until he turns it with the end wrench. Hitting that bleeder screw with just an impact WRENCH would certainly snap the bleeder instantly.

I like the variable human torque aspect. Good idea.

Anybody remember spring loaded hand impacts? I should carry mine in a hip holster it gets used so much. It never ceases to amaze me the rusted garbage it can remove without damage.

Looking at that truck it looks pretty rust free to me..

I plan ahead and soak
rusty nuts and bolts days ahead of time... It's been ages since I broke a bolt and I work on lots of old stuff...

Looking at that truck it looks pretty rust free to me..

I plan ahead and soak
rusty nuts and bolts days ahead of time... It's been ages since I broke a bolt and I work on lots of old stuff...
It's the new stuff that will **** you. Don't have time to wait days working flatrate on the line. Awesome tool.

It's the new stuff that will **** you. Don't have time to wait days working flatrate on the line. Awesome tool.
I worked flat rate for years... My comment was aimed at the weekend Schmoe doing his own work. We are on the same page.

-
Back