Corvette six pack mechanical carb set up on a Chrysler six pack intake...anybody done it?

-

partsmonsta

Massively Over Powered And Respected
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Corvette six pack mechanical carb set up on a chrysler six pack intake...anybody done it?

Not in love with Chrysler's vacuum carb setup and wanted to go mechanical for small block Drag Car, but the DC units are so rare and ultra-expensive when you can actually find one.
Noticed that Chevy's Corvette Carbs have the same 2300 bolt pattern, so they would bolt up. And since they are mechanical, may be a better option. One set up has less CFM, but another is identical with 350cfm on the center and 500 on the outboards, just as Chrysler.
Finding the linkage may be tuff, but I can probably fabricate it based on photos.

Wondering if anybody here in FABOland has used the corvette setup on a Mopar and what were the plus or minus factors.
Going In-Depth With Holley's Tri-Power 3x2 Intake And Carburetor Set

PINKY-CARBS-CHEVY.jpg

STOCK corvette tripower carbs are vacuum secondary too. (And not any cheaper than Mopar carbs). There were corvette carbs available on ebay, cheap, about two years ago, and someone here (wrong, it was on the B side) used them, but had to buy three side hung bowls, metering blocks, and a progressive linkage to make them work.
Mopar had an over-the-counter set of mechanical carbs.
(I'll see if I can find the vette carbs thread)
Found it, but it's on the fbbo side. "Tripower carbs for a 440 sixpack" Sonny's thread. Six pages worth of comment.
Edit: I was wrong about the "ebay", he was using holley factory refurbished vette carbs,.......that I don't think are available any more.

Last edited:
Cheapest way to piece together a mechanical set up would be to use 4412’s. 1 of those is half of a 750. Chevy tri power carbs were vac secondary like the Chrysler’s, just smaller. The 4412’s would be fine on a small block. Just have to saw off the back part of the air cleaner flange…

Cheapest way to piece together a mechanical set up would be to use 4412’s. 1 of those is half of a 750. Chevy tri power carbs were vac secondary like the Chrysler’s, just smaller. The 4412’s would be fine on a small block. Just have to saw off the back part of the air cleaner flange…)
Found NEW replacements for 4412s on ebay for $215, if you buy three. You'd still need bowls and linkage. (I have a manifold....)

I have a couple sets of DC carbs in excellent condition. They are definitely my favorite six pack carbs.

20200427_174153 (Medium).jpg

20200427_174206(1).jpg

Intakes 3.jpg

@partsmonsta , those corvette carbs in your first post are not stock vette carbs...... and even if they were, there's no room for them on the factory 440 Sixpack manifold. The mounting pattern for the carbs is correct, but the spacing between the mounts is different, smaller on the Mopar manifolds.
Edit: oh, and the Mopar carbs don't flow anywhere near 1350 cfm, (and neither do the vette's), thats pure advertising hype. Rated as if they were four barrels (the standard we are all used to) they flow about 950 cfm.
A single dominator on a good modern manifold will outrun them. A big 4150 probably would too. The Sixpack is fun to look at though.

Last edited:
@partsmonsta , those corvette carbs in your first post are not stock vette carbs...... and even if they were, there's no room for them on the factory 440 Sixpack manifold. The mounting pattern for the carbs is correct, but the spacing between the mounts is different, smaller on the Mopar manifolds.
Edit: oh, and the Mopar carbs don't flow anywhere near 1350 cfm, (and neither do the vette's), thats pure advertising hype. Rated as if they were four barrels (the standard we are all used to) they flow about 950 cfm.
A single dominator on a good modern manifold will outrun them. A big 4150 probably would too. The Sixpack is fun to look at though.
Nope, they fit the six pack intake. There's actually more room than the chevy intake.
One can use the side hung fuel bowl to replace the cathedral type when room is an issue.

Last edited:
Reach out to Chicagocorvette.net
20 years ago, I got some of the smalls I needed for my six pack that I put on my Fury.
Currently talking to Al at Chicago carb about redoing the current six pack, but wanna find out about the chevy mechanicals first.

Nope, they fit the six pack intake. There's actually more room than the chevy intake.
One can use the side hung fuel bowl to replace the cathedral type when room is an issue.
They ONLY fit with the side hung bowls, if you use metering blocks instead of plates. Those carbs on the small block manifold you show, will NOT fit as configured in the photo, on a Mopar manifold.
Therefor, since they clearly fit on that aftermarket (Chevy NEVER made a tripower manifold for a small block) manifold, the spacing carb to carb must be bigger on that small block chevy manifold.

Last edited:
Corvette is still Chevy that's Blasphemy is'n tit...? :poke:
I don't think so. The OP is not talking about putting a 435HP 3 deuce 427 in his Mopar; just the carb setup. Last time I looked, those carbs were Holleys. So he is pretty much talking about using Chevy carb Linkage (if I understand the jist of the conversation). I would be 100% on board with using Holley carbs from a Chevy 427 and Chevy linkage. It is still a Mopar.

They ONLY fit with the side hung bowls, if you use metering blocks instead of plates. Those carbs on the small block manifold you show, will NOT fit as configured in the photo, on a Mopar manifold.
Therefor, since they clearly fit on that aftermarket (Chevy NEVER made a tripower manifold for a small block) manifold, the spacing carb to carb must be bigger on that small block chevy manifold.
Tri power 348/360 hp in a 58 Impala

I had a set like jbc426 shows on a 440 six pack in my 70 Challenger when I first built it. The fuel lines on the same side as the throttle linkage got my *** kicked at every show I went to by "The Experts" OMG If I had a dollar every time I heard the nasty comments. I sold them and bought the "correct" ones (the car didn't run as well with them)

IMGP0129.JPG

Back 50 yearss ago, Mr. Norm, as already said, used CHEVY because he said just CHEAPER ( back then)! 50-60 years ago has little to do with today!!???? :steering:

-
Back