-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
A friend of mine has inherited his fathers property of which has lots of cars on it. They are in Tampa Bay Florida so the cars are pretty shot. There are parts on them, and a few could be rebuilt. I'm just listing this in case anyone here is interested in seeing or purchasing any of these cars. I'm not going to post the hundred pictures here. I will post a few, but go over to this webpage and check out the pictures of the cars. If interested, let me know and I can get you in contact with the owners.

The duster is spoken for, but.....
Also, the E's are spoken for apparently.

Plenty of info on the other threads.
They are asking 1K per car, but I'm sure they are negotiable.

20230128_150108 (2).jpg

20230128_160453.jpg

20230128_161428.jpg

20230128_154554.jpg

Each car is listed on a sister site. Click the link.

The price is stated above. 1K for each car unless your there haggling with them.

They are not mine. I'm just trying to save as many parts as possible before they get smashed.
I have no stake in this game. Just trying to help the community.

They are in Tampa, Florida so I'm sure they come with oodles of free rust and maybe a gator stowaway

Too far for me

I had at least a dozen spiders on my head while visiting. A few made it down my shirt.
Didn't see any snakes but they had pulled a few in the previous days.

@Cuda Hunter

Are there titles?

That first 70 Challenger is a 383 4 barrel SE.
That could be a high dollar car if it's savable.
Might be worth a Dybacorn body.

The blue Challenger looks just like one I used to own and scrapped.
It even has some of the same damage.
Do you remember if it had a sport hood?
Mine was a Rallye 318 car and had the hood like a 340 car.
I actually still have the title and VIN tag for the one I had.

The first 'Cuda with the bad roof is a 1973 340 car.
The second one looks to be in much better shape.

All three 73 Satellites are 318 cars.
One is an RL21, like mine.
I do need some trim and I see one has it.
Are these all the B body cars?

Only the one A body?

Looks like maybe 1-3 decent New Yorkers could be pieced together out of what's there.

FL cars rust from the top down, unlike NE cars which rust from the bottom up.
Leaves between the fender and cowl, in the trunk gutter, and in the door jambs compounds the problem.

That first van doesn't look to bad.
Do you know if they have a title for it?

What is the timeline for these cars to be gone?

Pretty much all junk with the exception of a few trinkets here and there.

The cars that they are willing to part with have only value in one’s self putting in the work to disassemble and cut them apart for parts. There is no value in whole for parts, you just don’t know what you are getting into till they are apart. You would have to get them for scrap value to protect yourself from losses.

The cars they are not willing to part with are the cars that may be worth some money, but still a great unknown from pictures.

This all leads me to believe the sellers just want to count benjimins and not do any work. They are savvy just enough to hang onto what they believe is a bigger payday than they have coming.

Sellers have already crushed a few cars. They aren't after the benjamin's. They want the cars and parts to find new homes and save what is savable.
The father had a full yard at some point in time in the past. Unfortunately, folks get old and can't do what they want with their hoards or junk yards. Such is the case here.
The family just wants to clean the property and get the parts to those who need them.
One car, was offered to a young man, teenager, while I was there for 100 bucks. Just so that the young man might get himself into the car hobby. These folks have great intentions to help the car culture. Not the opposite.

@Cuda Hunter

Are there titles?

That first 70 Challenger is a 383 4 barrel SE.
That could be a high dollar car if it's savable.
Might be worth a Dybacorn body.

The blue Challenger looks just like one I used to own and scrapped.
It even has some of the same damage.
Do you remember if it had a sport hood?
Mine was a Rallye 318 car and had the hood like a 340 car.
I actually still have the title and VIN tag for the one I had.

The first 'Cuda with the bad roof is a 1973 340 car.
The second one looks to be in much better shape.

All three 73 Satellites are 318 cars.
One is an RL21, like mine.
I do need some trim and I see one has it.
Are these all the B body cars?

Only the one A body?

Looks like maybe 1-3 decent New Yorkers could be pieced together out of what's there.

FL cars rust from the top down, unlike NE cars which rust from the bottom up.
Leaves between the fender and cowl, in the trunk gutter, and in the door jambs compounds the problem.

That first van doesn't look to bad.
Do you know if they have a title for it?

What is the timeline for these cars to be gone?
As I understand it, about half the cars are titled and keyed.
Unfortunately, the challenger, being an SE, doesn't make it worth a dynacorn body as there is no fender tag or build sheet. So it is just parts, IMO.
Had it retained it's information, perhaps but without any documentation aside from a vin tag the car is ,in my opinion, a parts car with the amount of rust.
Documentation means everything on the E's.
The 72 challenger had a rally hood. It was in two pieces separating as everything in Florida rots from the top down. Pretty much every hood out there is trashed and separating due to rust.
Again, no fender tag on this challenger. Even still, being a sad mouth challenger the rebuild cost is far too high on this car. You can't sell a sad mouth for more than 40K (with a few exceptions) but that sad mouth would definitely need 40 K worth of rebuilding so the money is not there on this car.
That's all the B bodies.
There is the one duster but isn't that valiant an A body? It's like a 63 or something like that. Unfamiliar with those body's and years.

With the New Yorkers, I agree. There does seem to be one car out of all the parts. But really there are some decent parts there. If the windshield is nice, those are worth a pretty penny. I need one actually. Also saw a glovebox door that I need but didn't want to commit to an entire car for a glove box door. At least not yet. Local, sure, I'll commit for one plastic part and resale the car.

I think I heard the van has a title. There are two vans so some parts as well. Cool old van.

I'm not too sure on the time line. They have already crushed one car as they deemed it non rehabable. Unfortunately I did not get there in time and the fender tag and vin tag got crushed. Would have liked to add that to my information grouping. Any info I can get is shared. Hopefully when cars are crushed I have a word in for tags and documentation if any remain.

Bumping the parts so the page doesn't get locked.
Thanks for looking.
I hope some of you that have received the phone number have retrieved some parts from this yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back