Couple questions about eq heads?

-
If I had nothing better to do or spend money on I might go another step or two up on durations, but the one I have is 214/224 @.050 .512 lift with 1.6 rockers on a 110 lobe center.
It is a Magnum regrind from Oregon Cam Grinders.

It's actually mild enough that I can tune the light lope out of it with a bit more fuel, but generally run in the mid to high 14's on the A/F giving it just a little rumpety rump at low RPM's.
It's original intention was good mid throttle/rpm torque, and to retain decent gas mileage so with the OD trans I get a hair over 25mpg at 80mph.
Never paid any attention to what it gets around town because I built this motor for exactly what you want to do with yours. (sounds good around town but loves road trips)

Awesome man! this sounds like just what I am looking for. A little lope around town when I want to look cool and good High way manners.

I'm wanting to do a build similar to the car craft 400hp 360 they did a few years back I have 4 good Magnum 360 motors with the stock cracked heads I plan on getting the eq heads with the LA bolt pattern beings the intakes are cheaper that way and head costs are the same... I can't seem to find anyone that still sells the mopar performance cam they used any thoughts? Also will the stock magnum flex plate work on a 904 727 converter

Awesome man! this sounds like just what I am looking for. A little lope around town when I want to look cool and good High way manners.

Mine is a daily driver as well, so I wanted it to be reliable but still fun around town.
I'd like a little more stall out of the converter and I'm going to be putting a Jeep Grand Cherokee disc brake rear end in it with lower gears and a limited slip.
Right now at 80 it's turning about 2,100 RPM's so I don't think lower gears will hurt it much as far as fuel economy.

I'm wanting to do a build similar to the car craft 400hp 360 they did a few years back I have 4 good Magnum 360 motors with the stock cracked heads I plan on getting the eq heads with the LA bolt pattern beings the intakes are cheaper that way and head costs are the same... I can't seem to find anyone that still sells the mopar performance cam they used any thoughts? Also will the stock magnum flex plate work on a 904 727 converter

You can get about any cam done by the specs you want, so I wouldn't worry much about the exact name of it.
The factory Magnum flex plate can be used if you slightly egg one hole by about 1/8 inch.
That is exactly what I did, but when doing it put your flexplate bolts in loose but down far enough not to hit the block when you turn the motor over and you should find the one that needs egged easy enough.
Mark it with a marker then take the bolts out and move the converter back so you can get a moto tool or small grinding tip in there.
The new bolt location is only off the factory hole by very little, so balance won't be affected.
Here's a pic of how far off the one bolt hole is.

Picture-006.jpg

Your best bet, and value, would be to get the heads ready to go from whoever you choose that'll either ream the guides or install bronze liners, do the valve seats and setup the springs. I bought the LA style EQ's bare, valves, springs, etc assuming (well, they were advertised as such) that maybe the valve to guide clearances would be within tolerance and that the seats were supposed to be ready as is. Not so. Most of the valves were too tight, and the ones that were with tolerance didn't seat correct. So a shop set them up. Woulda been better, time and money wise, to do like I mentioned

check IMM Engines in Indio / California. Brian did a lot of engines with indy X or EQ heads, even some Magazine builds (car craft) with these. He will supply a good setup for your build.

Make Big Power With Your Magnum 5.9L Mopar With These Heads! - Hot Rod Network

IMM Engines

Michael

I agree with this! My 360 was buit by IMM Engines and it's running the EQ Magnum heads. They are great heads and made pretty decent power and torque.

Can't go wrong with IMM prepared EQ heads!

-
Back