Coyote Country

-

Back in Time

Reaction score
This is why you never let your guard down when you live in Coyote Country. My Wife shot this this morning here in Sun City West.

IMG_0029.JPG

We get them in the yard all the time out here along the river. 223 works good, but my 12ga is always loaded with 4buck by the front door. Last year I got 173 coyote pics in 2 weeks on a trail cam by my deerstand
0704171044.jpg

Don't have to be in Arizona to be in coyote country. Saw one walking up my driveway when I came home one night last fall. I'm in northern Virginia.

We're in north Orange County (SoCal), about 6 miles from Disneyland. Not even close to rural and we have Coyote issues here.
I saw one walking down the sidewalk alongside a busy 4-lane road just before sunset. Neighbor saw 3 in the park across the street early one morning last week.
My stepfather grew up about a quarter mile from our house back when this was nothing but orange groves. He used to tell stories of going coyote hunting in the creekbeds when he was a kid. They've been here for generations and have adapted well.

yup, kid saw one 4 houses down walking to school! We cant shoot 'em here. I see them all the time now in parks. Skinny dogs.......

We have many coyotes around here... I see and hear them regularly...

No need to shoot them...

No need to shoot them...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same here, but not a problem, pretty skiddish creatures around here. Always set the dogs off.

We were in Lancaster CA a few weeks ago and saw a coyote going down the sidewalk with a dead white miniature poodle in his jaws right close to downtown. It went about 10 ft from our car.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Same here, but not a problem, pretty skiddish creatures around here. Always set the dogs off.
I didn`t watch all the video; I bet that is the case w/ the animals that were supposed to be on the ARK , crossbreeding has and does happen.

No need to shoot them...
There has been sightings of mountain lions north of you in Lake County.... Several years ago a mountain lion was killed in Chicago city limits. I've seen plenty of them, coyotes, along the lakeshore in Waukegan. So, yeah they are just about everywhere.

Lenox Michigan, watched one walk through my back yard while i was pouring a cup of coffee and another time taking a nap in the middle of the yard. Next one is probably gonna die of lead poisoning.:elmer:

No need to shoot them...
If a dog came into your backyard and killed another dog, or cat or chicken or bit your infant on the head and tried to make off with it, it would be put down. Coyotes are no different, they are preying on smaller breed dogs here. They are just getting more bold here.

I shot one, in My yard, with a .22, here, in Pa. - It ran into the woods, howling. I put the gun away, and another one came. Apparently, I didn't kill it, because I couldn't find it.

We're in north Orange County (SoCal), about 6 miles from Disneyland. Not even close to rural and we have Coyote issues here.
I saw one walking down the sidewalk alongside a busy 4-lane road just before sunset. Neighbor saw 3 in the park across the street early one morning last week.
My stepfather grew up about a quarter mile from our house back when this was nothing but orange groves. He used to tell stories of going coyote hunting in the creekbeds when he was a kid. They've been here for generations and have adapted well.

Yup we are part of a large metro area. They den up at the golf courses and nearby washes. Mostly nocturnal we do see them a lot in the daytime because although weary of Humans they are pretty comfortable. Had one walk up to our front door in broad daylight a couple years ago. I can remember back in the 80's Colorado had a bounty on them.At first all you needed was an ear later they wanted the pelt. I was servicing a Farm Tap out East and came upon probably 100 of them piled up under a tree on some farmland.

If a dog came into your backyard and killed another dog, or cat or chicken or bit your infant on the head and tried to make off with it, it would be put down. Coyotes are no different, they are preying on smaller breed dogs here. They are just getting more bold here.

My 60 lb Dalmatian runs the coyotes off... He can't stand those "bums"...

He's big and strong enough to handle them one on one... The neighbor's yard help once saw my Dalmatian chase 5 of them into their yard once..

A good dog will keep them away...

If you really want to get rid of the coyotes/wolves, get an Irish Wolfhound... They were so effective that they almost made the wolf extinct in Ireland....

We were in Lancaster CA a few weeks ago and saw a coyote going down the sidewalk with a dead white miniature poodle in his jaws right close to downtown. It went about 10 ft from our car.

Hey grimreaper, you should have stuck around a few weeks longer. The Antelope Valley Mopar Club's annual "Moparty" all-Mopar car show was September 15th in downtown Palmdale. Nice show.

My 60 lb Dalmatian runs the coyotes off... He can't stand those "bums"...
He's big and strong enough to handle them one on one... The neighbor's yard help once saw my Dalmatian chase 5 of them into their yard once..
A good dog will keep them away...

My wife has a 17-pound spaniel mix that would be no match for coyote. Every time the dog goes out in the yard my wife goes with her for 'security'.
We also just adopted an almost 2-year old Rhodesian Ridgeback that's a solid 106 pounds. I don't have any concern that he could handle a coyote one-on-one.
When we took him in to our vet for his initial check-up after adopting him, my wife mentioned coyotes and her concern for her spaniel mix. Our vet told us the coyotes usual hunting pattern is in groups of 3 if there is a larger dog around.
We've had multiple sightings of a 3-coyote group during early morning hours in the park across the street from our cul-de-sac.

-
Back