CPP Brake Conversions

-

Inspector71

Reaction score
I have the typical A body (68 Barracuda 9" drums 14" wheels, small bolt pattern) that I want to convert to front disc brakes and 15 wheels. Classic Industries carries a complete kit, including upper control arms, spindles, etc., to make the swap. Add power brake booster and it is $900. While scanning the internet, I came across many complaints about CPP on other forums. So here I go again. Can anyone recommend a conversion that comes with everything I need to convert this car to front disc power brakes including spindles, control arms, etc.? Thanks in advance.

Scarebird is least expensive and I recall they have a kit that works with your 9" spindles, which makes it much easier. Now if you also need a front end rebuild and you want BBP wheels, that might lead in a different direction. Front disks don't require a power booster, but if desired there is a $170 setup on ebay w/ the stand-off brackets, so bolt-up easy.

Thanks. My plans are to put 15x6 wheels on the front and 15x7 on the rear. Nothing too radical. Scarebird is the name of the company? I'm heading to google and again, thanks. I was about to plop down my hard earned money on the CPP kit and then I saw all the people on other sites, Chevys, Fords, Chryslers all who had nothing but headaches with them.

-
Back