Cragar center caps (SBP)

-

FixItAll

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been answered before (didnt see much discussion), but I need help figuring out which center cap I need for a set of Cragars I pulled from the junkyard. They came off an early Barracuda and look to be 5x4" with the center hubs being about 2 5/8" OD.

That said, on Ebay I see part numbers thrown around and Im wondering if center caps for the 13" rims fit on these even if they are 14" rims (considering the bolt pattern is so small).

These are marked by sellers as PN: 29025 or 09080
I know for sure 09090 are the standard sized (3 1/4") caps.

Does anyone know how to tell them apart? Id hate to order something that Ill have to resell haha.

Cragar made different center caps, SS was the most popular.
Summit and Jegs sell some Cragar SS caps. Maybe someone on their end can shed some light on the sizing of the 09080 vs 29025.
Cant tell if they're the same product or different.
From what I can tell, 13 inch caps are specific for that rim size only, like you say as part, #29025.
I see your dilemma, as that # seems to be discontinued everywhere.
Hopefully someone here can get you measurements.
Not much help.
Goodluck.
Screenshot_20220706-062437_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly! I appreciate you digging a little and you can see it’s a strange problem. I feel as though Cragar wouldn’t have made three different sized caps bc that’s logistics cost prohibitive but who knows. I’m constantly surprised by how auto manufacturers will switch parts out mid year or use stuff up from warehouses depending on where a car was built.

Assuming there are only two cap sizes, it seems the 13” wheel caps would work logically because the small bolt pattern wheels seems very specific to these cars. Prob wishful thinking, hopefully someone here will know the answer!

Exactly! I appreciate you digging a little and you can see it’s a strange problem. I feel as though Cragar wouldn’t have made three different sized caps bc that’s logistics cost prohibitive but who knows. I’m constantly surprised by how auto manufacturers will switch parts out mid year or use stuff up from warehouses depending on where a car was built.

Assuming there are only two cap sizes, it seems the 13” wheel caps would work logically because the small bolt pattern wheels seems very specific to these cars. Prob wishful thinking, hopefully someone here will know the answer!
I agree, but in my younger days, I spent alot of time changing tires in a shop, using the Coates 2020 and 4040 machines, and I remember having to remove those caps to place the rim on the machine. The shaft fit thru the rims center hole, and you spun a lock down to keep the rim tight. I cant help but thinking that the center hole on most of these Cragar 5 spoke rims seem to be the same diameter.
If the diameter was different, it had to be very slight and not easily noticable.
Screenshot_20220706-094702_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Im going to Carlisle next week, PM me if you want me to look there.
Joe

There wasn't much we couldn't do on a 2020. When the 4040's came out with the air inflator ring I was in heaven. LOL
I agree, but in my younger days, I spent alot of time changing tires in a shop, using the Coates 2020 and 4040 machines, and I remember having to remove those caps to place the rim on the machine. The shaft fit thru the rims center hole, and you spun a lock down to keep the rim tight. I cant help but thinking that the center hole on most of these Cragar 5 spoke rims seem to be the same diameter.
If the diameter was different, it had to be very slight and not easily noticable.
View attachment 1715952214

If it helps......
My old crusty 5 on 4.0-14" fronts.........
upload_2022-7-6_9-9-38.png

5 on 4.25-15" rears couldn't get the caliper on........
upload_2022-7-6_9-12-2.png

Sorry if this has been answered before (didnt see much discussion), but I need help figuring out which center cap I need for a set of Cragars I pulled from the junkyard. They came off an early Barracuda and look to be 5x4" with the center hubs being about 2 5/8" OD.

That said, on Ebay I see part numbers thrown around and Im wondering if center caps for the 13" rims fit on these even if they are 14" rims (considering the bolt pattern is so small).

These are marked by sellers as PN: 29025 or 09080
I know for sure 09090 are the standard sized (3 1/4") caps.

Does anyone know how to tell them apart? Id hate to order something that Ill have to resell haha.
Cragars S/S in 13 and 14 inch has the same diameter on the flange. 2 3/4" OD. The center cap has an OD of 72,2 mm or 2,842 inch. Hope this helps!

20220706_181514.jpg

20220706_181518.jpg

Cragars S/S in 13 and 14 inch has the same diameter on the flange. 2 3/4" OD. The center cap has an OD of 72,2 mm or 2,842 inch. Hope this helps!

View attachment 1715952246

View attachment 1715952247
That does help a lot and what Dave sent confirms your side too. Must be one of those things that just doesn’t get mentioned, in typical auto world fashion. 13” rims only* :rolleyes:

I’ll order some up though and see what happens! Thanks everyone!

Not sure if this helps, but the center caps on my SS’s are around 2 3/4” They are 14’s with SBP

48F48262-FDC5-4690-9F57-4DE3AA745C34.jpeg

That does help a lot and what Dave sent confirms your side too. Must be one of those things that just doesn’t get mentioned, in typical auto world fashion. 13” rims only* :rolleyes:

I’ll order some up though and see what happens! Thanks everyone!

Let us know how it works out.

This will help! This is the box from my center cap. I have 14” SBP 08/61 SS wheels. Part number 09080

086431F6-2916-44F9-A2A9-3E8C8F9E77CD.jpeg

1658365326358557097961599251754.jpg

This might help you too. Box top from my 14×6 SBP S/S. I ordered 2 caps from Summit, they're on backorder till September. On another note everyone was out of stock on the 7/16-20 Cragar lug nuts with center washers PN A-09005-4. I found some on Speedway Motors and should have them Monday.

-
Back