Cragar SS lug nuts

-

comoxian

Reaction score
Hey all, I tried to install my Cragars the other day, and the lug nuts that are on my car, on Centerlines, don't fit in the hole in the rims. These are small bolt pattern rims. The holes in the Cragars seem to be approximately 1/2" diameter. Flat face rim, not beveled. 7/16" studs. The shank on the lug nuts is about the standard 0.680". Are there special lug nuts that will fit this application?

TIA.

Mark

Had to buy new rears, as the Cragars wouldn't mount. Turned the RWL around. Looks way better.

Dart18.jpg

The newer small bolt Cragars use a 60 degree conical seat lug nut.

There was a big post on Moparts about this in the last week. The older small bolt pattern Cragers take a special lug nut. The new ones take a conical seat lug nut. The OP on Moparts bought the lug nuts for the old style wheels and they kept loosening up on him. It was finally discovered that the new wheels don't use that style nut.

Here, maybe this will help. I think the part# for the correct nuts is listed in the link.
Issues with Cragar S/S lug nuts

Per the link, the small bolt pattern wheels take a .592 shank diameter lug nut...not the .68

Last edited:
-
Back