Cragar SS sbp non uni-lug wheels

-

dlogretsud72

Reaction score
So I scored on a set of 14" sbp non uni-lug Cragar SS wheels for my 72' Duster w/o any lug nuts. I'm being told that I need washers & lug nuts to install properly, along with re-torque every few weeks. With that being said, which lug nut style looks the best ( so many styles....tall & short) & is it really necessary to have washers behind them?

So I scored on a set of 14" sbp non uni-lug Cragar SS wheels for my 72' Duster w/o any lug nuts. I'm being told that I need washers & lug nuts to install properly, along with re-torque every few weeks. With that being said, which lug nut style looks the best ( so many styles....tall & short) & is it really necessary to have washers behind them?
Can't imagine not using washers

Can't imagine not using washers
I thought that with it being aluminum in the center, but I've always had steelies. I'm just not seeing that they sell them with lug nuts, and that would only make sense to me. However with the unilug washers, I can find together. I'm Hoping that buying in a set that they'll come together.

If you buy the nuts from Cragar, they will come with washers. However the washers are soft steel, and just cad plated. The soft washers are what cause the nuts to need re-torquing so often. They also rust. I believe McGard (or somebody) makes hardened, and properly chrome-plated washers that are the correct size for the Cragar nuts. Get those if you want to avoid the torque and rusting issues.

I could not find the good McGard washers at Summit. They might have stopped making them. Might be worth a phone call. You need something close to .597 diameter inside. Up to .607 diameter would work O.K. Outside diameter is around 1" but you can go a bit larger. Thickness has to be more than 1/8". Stainless steel would be my choice for material.

Do you need right hand and left hand lug nuts or did they stop doing that in '72?

090.JPG
I got mine off ebay from either Lugnut King or Lug nut guy not sure and they are direct bolt lug nuts.

Just type Mopar cragar lug nuts and they will come up and have what you need...Bill

Last edited:
I could not find the good McGard washers at Summit. They might have stopped making them. Might be worth a phone call. You need something close to .597 diameter inside. Up to .607 diameter would work O.K. Outside diameter is around 1" but you can go a bit larger. Thickness has to be more than 1/8". Stainless steel would be my choice for material.

Thanks for the info. I've found a lug nut set w/washers to get them on the car and see if there's any clearance issues. I'll keep all you guys information in mind as I continue to find a more quality washer.

I really appreciate this information about the washers. They're hard to find for sure. I've already made the mistake of placing an order that I'll have to return.

Two things to consider aside from RH/LH thread and washer style and offset. (1) shank length with the washer. Make sure they do not extend past the wheel. (2) the shank diameter. They make 2 different size widths; 0.68 and 0.73 I believe.

lugs.jpg

I have the same wheels Part# 08060 and ordered lug nuts from Summit, 7/16", but the will not even go thru the hole opening in the wheel???

Just ordered a set on eBay, "Lugnutguys"
Shank diameter correct for this wheel Part # 08060

Last edited:
Just got a call from Cragar Wheel
Here are the part numbers
09005-4 RH thread
09004-4 LH thread

-
Back