Cragar wheel question

-

340GTSDart

Reaction score
I would like to order Cragar wheels for my car but am concerned with the disc brake calipers possibly hitting the inside of the wheel. I have the Cadillac conversion rear disc brakes on my car. I want to get 15”x8” wheels but don’t know what the inside diameter of the wheel is. Summit racing doesn’t have that measurement and I didn’t get a call back from Cragar regarding this. Does anybody happen to have one off their car that could give me this measurement? Thank you in advance for any help with this.

I don't think 8" wide wheels will fit on the rear of your Dart without some trimming or lip rolling.

I don't think 8" wide wheels will fit on the rear of your Dart without some trimming or lip rolling.
My car has the springs moved in. I am currently running billet specially 15x8 wheels with a custom offset. I would have to do the same with the cragars but the wheel shop doing the offset wanted me to check on this measurement beforehand.

Old school 15x6 Cragars are 14.5" id on the back edge, and step in to 14" id where the caliper would be.
There's that change in diameter towards the center.

Old school 15x6 Cragars are 14.5" id on the back edge, and step in to 14" id where the caliper would be.
There's that change in diameter towards the center.
Thank you for the info. The wheel shop said that they thought they would most likely clear based off their experience with Cragars but didn’t know about the current offerings. I’m going to go with what you posted as I wouldn’t think they’d make that section a smaller diameter with more and more people going to disc brakes. My disc brake clearance measurement is 13” and the wheel shop told me to make sure the wheels measurement is 13.25” minimum.

I’d bet $29 nublu has the answer to this but i don’t know how to tag users.

Fyi, my sbp 14×6 Cragars are 13.25" and 13".
They fit over KH disc.
I'm taking these measurements from wheels off the cars and a laser tool.

Sorry gents, I’ve got no idea on this one. If you’ve got a set of 15x8’s on there now I would imagine you’d probably be ok, but you’re definitely right to check into it if you’re switching brands/style of wheels. Caliper clearance can definitely vary by wheel manufacturer and style of wheel.

I have the answer for you. It's 14 and 1/16. See pic. Are running the stock 5 on 4 bolt pattern?

IMG_2665[1].JPG

-
Back