Cranberry Juice

-

dibbons

Reaction score
They have been saying cranberry juice makes the bladder environment more acidic which should help to prevent bladder infections for those more prone to such maladies. Recently, of course, another study comes out and claims drinking cranberry juice does not prevent squat.

I have been drinking a few ounces of 27% cranberry juice at bedtime. I am not positive about this "side effect" in doing so, but it seems I am getting up less often at night when I follow this routine. I know it seems counter-intuitive to the advice not to drink anything before bedtime, but I have tried not drinking anything at all for hours before bedtime and that has had no beneficial results. This cranberry thing might be just wishful thinking (placebo effect?).

cranberry.jpg

I believe the cranberry juice prevents damage to the liver that the Vodka creates! I read that online, has to be true! :rolleyes:

I was given a lot of water and cranberry juice when I had kidney stones.
Don't know if there's anything to it, but the Dr seemed to think so.
I think it's awfully tart for my taste and asked if I could use apple juice instead. He was petty insistent on the cranberry juice.
Still had to go in and dig it out!

I was given a lot of water and cranberry juice when I had kidney stones.
Don't know if there's anything to it, but the Dr seemed to think so.
I think it's awfully tart for my taste and asked if I could use apple juice instead. He was petty insistent on the cranberry juice.
Still had to go in and dig it out!
The stones are calcium which is a alkaline. Cranberry juice is a acid. It's possible the juice could dissolve small stones or soften larger ones. Vinegar will do about the same but isn't as much fun to drink.

It has to be pure cranberry juice, not the sugar added mixtures most stores sell .Telling the difference is easy. Pure cranberry juice tastes god damn awful .

It has to be pure cranberry juice, not the sugar added mixtures most stores sell .Telling the difference is easy. Pure cranberry juice tastes god damn awful .

Sugar added? What you mean is straight sugar water with a hint of cranberry added!

Gents, water. Just drink water. It effects everything.

Ocean Spray did a long term study some years back. They could find no evidence to support the theory that cranberry juice aided in urinary tract health. This is why they do not promote their product as having such health benefits

It needs to be 100% cranberry juice to really work. Ocean Spray is mainly color and sugar.

Your body already has systems in place to detox, heal, etc, but they depend on water.
Everything needs water to work.
You need water to work.
The majority of people get a fraction of the daily requirement of water for your body to work at its optimum. Yes you stay alive, but you experience irritability, light headaches, are tired, tense, stressed, anxious, plenty of nagging aches, constipated, vertigo, dry eyes, dry mouth, itchy skin, dry cracked cuticles, indigestion, etc.
Don’t take my word for it, just crush water daily for a week and results will speak for themselves.
You will:
Sleep better
**** better
Recover faster from strenuous work
You will feel less bloated
Have less little aches and pains
Have better sex
Have better concentration and “mental clarity”
Maybe even knock 1-1.2sec off your 1/4mi time..

Trust me on this one, you are not getting enough of one vitally key ingredient to our overall quality of life.
Nothing out there will assist your body at doing its thing better than plain old water.
No pills, no tonics, no shakes, no teas..

DRINK.MORE.WATER.

I think cranberry juice had good side benefits, good pure cranberry juice. My wife uses it for urinary tract infections. However-------------------------
I am a believer in eating according to the Glycemic index. (Google it) Cranberries are the number one food that impacts your insulin production system
and there are published lists of the glycemic index of most foods. The lower the number, the better for the body and this is especially true for anyone
with high A1C numbers or diabetics at any stage of development. I avoid cranberries when I can (or any high glycemic index food) but my wife uses
cranberries in her cooking and we all know to keep your wife happy you eat her cooking:)

-
Back