Crank bushing

-
You may not need to. If this is the (after 68) larger converter snout, you can use a "jeep style" bushing which fits in the large converter snout hole. Years ago, Dorman, others, made special undersize bushings just for this purpose

CAVEAT!!!! Check that the hole is drilled DEEP enough!!! This is an issue on some V8's I don't know about slants

%3A%2F%2Fi182.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fx290%2FZ88Zsstuff%2Ftech%2520pics%2Fmagnumbushingonleft.jpg

You may not need to. If this is the (after 68) larger converter snout, you can use a "jeep style" bushing which fits in the large converter snout hole. Years ago, Dorman, others, made special undersize bushings just for this purpose

CAVEAT!!!! Check that the hole is drilled DEEP enough!!! This is an issue on some V8's I don't know about slants

View attachment 1715250446
Those are the "moderm" Mopar crank bearing???? I have hard to do not hold up well, but it will go in a SLANT!!!! The puter did not show them at O Reilly I guess it would be had at Chrysler parts?
Year ago I would have the machine shop drill and I assume hone for the old drive in bushing. The crank measures drilled deep enough, and where the busing goes is a little larger than the inner most part of the hole. I cleaned it with some emery cloth but did not want to drive in. MY calipers do not reach in far enough to get a measurement.

-
Back