Crank trigger

-
never had one but all my buds swear by them, it keeps the spark going exactly where it is supposed to go. I did fine out that for me a gear drive does damn near the same thing for a lot less moola.

Crank trigger is good for ANY car. Just look at any late model efi.

The crank trigger is so good on Harleys, they did away with the cam sensors. The ecm can tell the compression stroke just by the deceleration of the crank teeth.

The crank trigger is so good on Harleys, they did away with the cam sensors. The ecm can tell the compression stroke just by the deceleration of the crank teeth.

LMAO. That's more a function of the ECU than the trigger. Might be a good trick on a V8

On a serious note, the cam sensor does not need to be "so accurate," compared to ignition.

I ran one for years on the strip along with Pete Jackson gear drive, the timing dont budge from where you set it, never. Makes it kinda hard to start unless you get the motor to spinning over then flip on ignition switch.

If your going to add any kind of power adders I would run one and do. Gives rock steady timing....

I run a 36-1 missing tooth wheel and timing is solid. Avoid flying magnet triggers as they usually only take data every 90 degrees. especially if you're pulling back timing with nitrous. A lot of folks like either VR or hall sensors but VRs never die.

I run a 36-1 missing tooth wheel and timing is solid. Avoid flying magnet triggers as they usually only take data every 90 degrees. especially if you're pulling back timing with nitrous. A lot of folks like either VR or hall sensors but VRs never die.
What's a "VR?"

Variable reluctor. The ignition pickup style also used in oem mopar distributors

-
Back