Crankshaft and Rod bearings for cast crank?

-

SpriceyStuff

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m shopping for my 77 slant I want to build, but I’m having trouble finding the parts I need. Particularly bearings. My main issue is that the only listing I’ve found that explicitly states that the bearings are for a cast crank only gives me options for an undersized crank, which I don’t have, nor do I particularly plan on having. Everything else either states that it’s for a forged crank, or doesn’t say anything at all and that makes me very nervous. I’ve tried looking up the part numbers but to no avail. Can you guys help me find a set of main and rod bearings for my cast crank slant?

I scout eBay all the time, and see more cast crank parts there than forged

Do not know why the brgs would be different for cast vs forged, unless the dimensions are different. If the theory works, the brgs never contact the crank because of the oil film.

Do not know why the brgs would be different for cast vs forged, unless the dimensions are different. If the theory works, the brgs never contact the crank because of the oil film.
They're different because Chrysler made them that way. Cast and forged crank blocks are also different and cannot interchange. Connecting rods different as well.

Thanks! That helped me find some on there, as opposed to looking under 74 dart for parts for a 77 engine lol
Why on Earth would you have been doing that? That makes zero sense. You should have been looking up for a 77 Aspen or Volare. I mean really. We gotta do it all for ya? lol

Why on Earth would you have been doing that? That makes zero sense. You should have been looking up for a 77 Aspen or Volare. I mean really. We gotta do it all for ya? lol
Sometimes I’m not all there lol. You guys know if the cam journals are the same in the newer blocks? I have a new set of cam bearings laying around I bought for the old block and if I don’t have to buy more I’d like not to

-
Back