crazy 70s paint jobs

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
`as the title says, lets see those crazy 70s era paint jobs. im lookin for ideas for my sport:happy10:

I HAVE WOOD.......:toothy10:

50.jpg

Seen this at the Mopars in the Park show in Farmington, MN, very cool, vintage paint from the 60's. It was a barn find car too!

Picture 425.jpg

Picture 423.jpg

Some people seemed to have forgotten the '70s and didn't understand the lace so I redid it into something a little more contemporary. Skulls and crossbones!
Dallas

jollyroger8 (2).jpg

That poor GTX :( I didnt think it would get any worse then I seen what was sitting in the engine compartment. Im sorry but it would be better off seeing the crusher than that.

Amazing. I hope to be half the painter those guys are some day, LOL

im lovin this, im thinkin bout doin a lace job on the roof of my dart sport

The first lace job I remember doing was the complete roof on a brand new 1974 Mustang II. The car was a blue similar to Grabber Blue and I did the lace in white. I used laquer paint and cleared it with laquer, too.
Later I did a lot of panel painting, scallops, some 'flake and pearl, did a lot of custom vans when that was the craze.
Dallas

Some are very extravagant but none more impressive than the paint on the old Sox&Martin cars. Red/White and Blue. But everyone still remembers them. Sometimes overstatement is just that.

DSC03375.jpg

DSC03374.jpg

DSC03373.jpg

Here is the twin, both are owned by the same guy and were built in the 70's. The last show I saw them at he at least drove them in and parked them on the grass.
DSC04759.jpg

DSC04758.jpg

DSC04757.jpg

DSC04760.jpg

dude i LOVE that 69 gtx!! i love the t-top, full botton tuck interior and the use of LOTS of chrome!!

That poor GTX :( I didnt think it would get any worse then I seen what was sitting in the engine compartment. Im sorry but it would be better off seeing the crusher than that.
so sad they did that to that car and the monte carlo seats

-
Back