Crazy not to buy? 67 coronet

-

TrikyC

Reaction score
yes it’s not an A body...I own a 68 barracuda but just ran across this 67 coronet for sale. Asking $6k. It’s a 440model with the 383 all original and in great shape. The seat has some tears in it but otherwise the interior is in great shape. Paint is phenomenal for the age. 4 door : (
Would I be crazy not to buy this?

5B81F31D-2961-4050-B3C2-F8AD867095AE.jpeg

0201202B-024F-4E77-BF76-BCB1E8DC6F5E.jpeg

Nice survivor maybe? Obviously the paint is custom, but besides that no idea how original it is.

If you dig it, buy it and enjoy it.

Any idea what these go for? $. I wouldn’t think closer to 10 as an uneducated guess?

Look it over hard. 67 and 66 are different, lots of one year only and model (SE, 440, 500, etc) specific trim. Even the hood and trunk are different from 66 to 67. My dad has a 66 Coronet 500, we know these cars well. Check typical Mopar rust locations. 383 cars were not too common if original, some got HP motors and 4 speeds. This was when you could order any trim with any motor, gear, trans combo from vert to wagon. I'd be a great family cruiser.

that price is perfect, if there's no rust, and you love the car

My dad had a 66 in the early 702,like 1972 I think. Anyway yeah but Im thinking if oyu buy it for 6 it may sell for 6 when you get rid of it, so it would be like renting it. I dont think it would ever approach 10 or anything. A big block R/T or 500 two door would be nice roght?

Thanks everyone for your replies. This car is probably worth more in parts than whole, which is sad. It’s way too nice to be parted out. I don’t need another car, especially one with one off parts so I’ll pass for now. Hopefully it’s worth a lot more in a decade.
Kindig did a remake of this car. Think it sold for around 300k

i wouldn't do anything to it, just drive it. but i say that about every car i get, doesn't seem to work out though

66-7 B bodies especially more doors, just never have brought the $. IF the qtr are perfect that I a big plus as NO ONE makes a repop qtr worth having. I assume someone painted the stripes over the original paint?
It is like anything, worth what you are good with the seller will take. Make sure it is not an old repaint and full on bondo.
Go over to FBBO and look at classified for last 4-5 month and see how many cars have sold.

I checked
66-7 B bodies especially more doors, just never have brought the $. IF the qtr are perfect that I a big plus as NO ONE makes a repop qtr worth having. I assume someone painted the stripes over the original paint?
It is like anything, worth what you are good with the seller will take. Make sure it is not an old repaint and full on bondo.
Go over to FBBO and look at classified for last 4-5 month and see how many cars have sold.
I looked over FBBO and couldn’t find much for 4 door models. Seems crazy that 4 doors drops the price by nearly %75. But that’s the price for being cool. I’m not in love with the look of this model year. Kinda like some girls I know. Looks good from behind but from head on it’s a little......undesirable. No offense to anyone here.

Kinda like some girls I know. Looks good from behind but from head on it’s a little......undesirable. No offense to anyone here.
"hey, does your girl have a friend for me?"
"sure, but she looks a little like a 67 coronet..."

66 and 67 hood is the same but trunk is different.

6k is just a bit high.

"v-8" emblems mean it's 2 barrel if it's a factory 383 car (VIN should be WH41G7)
a 4 barrel (VIN H) would make it worth more, but it's still a 4D

4K would be a better price for a buyer

you can get a decent 2 door 318 66/67 car for 8-10K

66/67 B body 4 doors do not rust in the quarters like 2 doors do,

if you're serious, check the frame from the shock area all the way to the trans cross member, and around the rear spring perches

We are building a 67 Coronet 440 trim 4 door for my son, about to start prep on engine compartment before dropping in a 360 magnum in.

Too many 2 door 66-7 B bodies for someone to pay too many $ for a more door. To bring much, it needs to be NO rust and good driver and 95% great interior. Mch is a relative term!!

I'd buy it if I had the money! That's a sharp car! 4 door or not thats a cool classic. With a 383 can anyone say "sleeper"?

I'd buy it if I had the money! That's a sharp car! 4 door or not thats a cool classic. With a 383 can anyone say "sleeper"?
Offer him 4500 for it and if he doesn't throw you out on on your ear you'll have a great deal. If the interior is as good as you say it is the seat cover is easy to fix compared to the other parts tha may need fixing or finding.

That would make a great "drive-in" car, pull in the back row grab a speaker for the window. Then later get out of the front seat get in the back seat and let the show begin, just a tip here, lock your doors......lol

That would make a great "drive-in" car, pull in the back row grab a speaker for the window. Then later get out of the front seat get in the back seat and let the show begin, just a tip here, lock your doors......lol
Yep!! 4 door cars are still cool! Lol

It was in great shape. My terrible pictures do not do it justice. And it sounded like butter and chili peppers

-
Back