Crazy Question: does anybody make 1.6 stamped steel rocker arms for SBM??

-

V24x2

Reaction score
Not even sure it’s possible but does anybody make stamped steel 1.6 rocker arms for small Mopars??…..or something that’s “bolt in as stock” and go?? Ductil maybe?? Thanks in advance

Not even sure it’s possible but does anybody make stamped steel 1.6 rocker arms for small Mopars??…..or something that’s “bolt in as stock” and go?? Ductil maybe?? Thanks in advance
adjustable ductile iron ones were and maybe still are?

The closest you have is sending a set of the 273 iron adjustable rockers to Gary at Rocker Arm Specialties. He can manipulate the rocker shaft hole and make them 1.6. But as for stamped steel 1.6, no.

The closest you have is sending a set of the 273 iron adjustable rockers to Gary at Rocker Arm Specialties. He can manipulate the rocker shaft hole and make them 1.6. But as for stamped steel 1.6, no.
Is Gary on fabo maybe?

I’m gonna look these up, see what’s going on here!
I can tell you whats leaving his wallet.... big $$$ !
For an inexpensive 1.6 sbm LA rocker, I would try the Chinese stainless versions (cat, etc.) and see if they even make such a thing. Otherwise, probably stuck with Harland Sharp or such. I would NOT spend that kind of money for a street Mopar, just to get rocker ratio. ROI is just not there.

Speedmaster PCE 261.1085 Stainless roller rockers for sbm (shaft) 1.6 ratio. $262.50
I would bet that is about the best you will find. Moderate use only in my opinion (around .500 lift, imo)
Thats a third of Harland Sharps, and probably a fifth of T&D or Jesel
But remember! Sometimes you get what you pay for.......
Edit: ebay shows an unknown name set for $194. 1.6 for shaft.

Last edited:
Gary is a top notch stand up guy, I had him reface some aftermarket adjustable rockers for me and the are great.

To make a 1.6 from a 1.5 arm, Rocker Arm Specialties changes the angle of the adjuster hole, retaps it for a larger thread adjuster and returns them with the new adjusters.

I’m good w that, I emailed them, nothing yet in return.
I just had them "correct" my OEM intake rockers and unfortunately they are and have been buried in work so are much slower than I've experienced in the past. I've had them do several things for me over the last 5 years and they have always been very responsive. E-mail is probably the worst for getting responses unfortunately. I found calling to be better but don't leave a voice mail as that falls into the same "bucket" as E-mail. Be persistent.

-
Back