Credit scores

-

Kern Dog

Build your car to handle.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Why is it that merely by checking your credit score, it can be lowered, even slightly?
Imagine how stupid it would be that every time you checked your weight on a scale, you gained 5 lbs. What if every time you looked in the mirror, you got just a little bit uglier.

Why is it that merely by checking your credit score, it can be lowered, even slightly?
Imagine how stupid it would be that every time you checked your weight on a scale, you gained 5 lbs. What if every time you looked in the mirror, you got just a little bit uglier.
That is a myth. Checking your own credit score does not change it. I check mine monthly and it has zero impact on the numbers.

Your information that suggests it does is incorrect.

If a lending institution checks your credit it suggest you are looking to borrow money. If you need to borrow money then it means you don't have enough cash to buy something you want or need. Thus, you have less credit.

Last edited:
Someone else can only check your credit score if you give them permission.

If you give them that permission, then your score takes into account that you are looking to make a credit transaction beyond what is currently in your history...and your score is adjusted accordingly.

It’s called a “Credit Score” because it is based on all of your credit activity, including seeking additional credit. If you don’t follow through on the new credit seeking, your score will return to where it was in a month or two.

AAAAnd all of the sudden all of my advertisements are for credit karma. Huh? karma

Come on....I thought us men aged gracefully and got better looking with age.

ME at 47:
Kern Dog 4.JPG

ME at 53:
Me 6-20 C.jpg

A soft inquiry will not effect your credit score. A hard inquiry, like when you are actively trying to get a loan, does effect your score and can only be done with your permission. Soft inquiries do not require your permission, and they are what leads you to being “pre-approved” for mortgage refinances etc that show up in the mail..

I don't want a credit score. It's wrong from the get go, and here's why. You get a "higher score" by doing what???? Borrowing money and making payments. Period. A person that cannot stay out of debt and is always borrowing may have a high score, but is probably short on cash and is most likely 1 months wage away from loosing it all.

They can keep their credit score.

I don't want a credit score. It's wrong from the get go, and here's why. You get a "higher score" by doing what???? Borrowing money and making payments. Period. A person that cannot stay out of debt and is always borrowing may have a high score, but is probably short on cash and is most likely 1 months wage away from loosing it all.

They can keep their credit score.
In the good old days, if you wanted to buy a car, you put 25% down and the dealer called the electric company, your mortgage company, your Diners Club card, etc. Guess what, you pay on time and aren't a deadbeat. Loan approved. If there wasn't billions for the bankers by bamboozling Americans, there would be no such thing as the Credit Score Industry.

2009 lost 2 of 4 houses. Took over 3 years to get thing straightened out agin.
I would like to thank all my x renters that still owe me thousands of dollars for destroying my retirement plan.

I have never in my life filed bankruptcy nor has my wife. It would appear that is the only way to recover my credit rating. It is in the basement now and probably will be until the day I die.

Sold one house on contract for deed at that same time. NEVER AGIN.

At least I have a 6 month gap to fix things if I need to before losing anything ever agin. Thank the Lord.
Working to get that gap to a year in case of health issues or whatever.

In the mean time I have a -250 score.

Debt to income also plays a huge rolenin determining nyour credit score. So don't borrow more than yoi can afford to payback. I don't much about credit karma, but y annualcreditreport.com is free and reliable way of checking your credit.

If you do a hard inqury on your credit. It will stay on there for 2 years. Make sure its something you want to buy.

Ha! Amazon sends me one of their credit cards. Did I ask for it??? Didn't think so but I call them and tell them to just cancel it, I don't want it/ Both these can decrease your credit score I have ben told in the past. Today, I give a ****. I will never buy a new vehicle again, If we sell out here, the next place will have NO mortgage! Even if we live in a tent!!!!
Gettiing old is for younger people!!

-
Back