crimped shut rocker drain holes from factory?

-

65TerrorCuda

Reaction score
So I just noticed that 2 out of 3 rocker drain holes in front of the rear wheel arches have been forcibly shut somehow. I tried prying them open with a screwdriver but that didn't do a damn thing.
Discovered this after beginning restoration of the rear window regulators and finding 2" of dust and lead blobs in the bottom of the body panel along with a plugged drain hole there.

Do I need all 3? I don't want to start messing with these if they're supposed to be that way. Really looks like somebody with gorilla hands and a pair of vice grips was on the job.

Car in question is 65 Barracuda

20220808_043745.jpg
20220808_043801.jpg
20220808_043820.jpg

Appears to be someones idea to keep water out. I would drill these and spray the cavity with WD40 or something. Having the cavity open and protected is the only way to keep the rust at bay.

Rocker clamps were commonly used on the cars when they were pulled with a frame machine . The clamps hold the cross bar that anchors the post to push from.

Rocker clamps were commonly used on the cars when they were pulled with a frame machine . The clamps hold the cross bar that anchors the post to push from.
Oh that makes sense. Is there a telltale location in the front that would also have witness marks? I know the hood and driver's fender are off a different vehicle.

When water enters the cowl area or widows, where do you think the water goes?
I'm guessing into the rocker, but from what I can see there's only one 1/4" drain hole beneath the rear passenger window and it was hopelessly clogged. I might drill an extra hole and do WD40 as suggested

I don't think the cowl drains into the rocker, there is no reason for it to. The cowl dumps out by the hood hinge.

Alan

-
Back