CRS - Can't Remember ****

-
max.jpg

Friend of mine painted the a panel between the hood inserts on his Roadrunner using a lace veil. He masked off the rest of the hood and taped the lace in place, sprayed a base color through the lace, and then pulled the lace and covered with clear. Kind of a homemade "Mod" effect. As I recall, it was all the rage in our little town back in about '69.

Thank god the 60s are gone! Like the 80s styles... What were we thinking!
like everything else trends and style's come and go. at one time your 60's car was just a car and then it was an old car but now we love them again and spend large amounts of money on them so we can drive them in our time like they are the king of the hill. at one time you had to give away Superbirds but now we pay for one instead of a house. 80's cars were looked at like junk but i would drive a Volare now with a non o.e. rodded engine in it and think it was cool today. i am waiting for the ill fitting saggy bottom pants and wrong way hats to go away but i bet in 20-30 years from now that will be the thing again Marty Mcfly

Not many Tribute cars for Mod Tops I'd imagine.

Here's one!
The owner is Roni' McHugh of Rochester, NY. They bought the car last summer, and did a lot of work to get it ready for this year.
As you can see, it's a '68 with '69 stripes, and the material for the top is the Dodge pattern. The seats are black with the floral inserts, and a warm 360 replaced the tired 318 it came with.
They did a nice job, and it paid off with a First Place in A-Body Modified Class at Carlisle a couple of weeks ago. They're terrific people, so it's nice to see them get recognition.

upload_2018-7-31_12-38-34.png

Yes, they did. Here's the Gator and Mod top Cuda's in 1:18 scale.View attachment 1715199825 View attachment 1715199826 scale.

The actual Mod Top Hemicuda is a one of one, and was stolen two years ago from Steve Juliano. He's done a lot for the Mopar world, tracking down and saving some rare cars. Not only that, he's a good guy, and didn't deserve this.
If you hear of the whereabouts of this one, please call the New York State Police.
Flowered Hemi 'Cuda worth $1.4 million stolen

I remember seeing a few of those. That was back in the "Hippy" days. I wasn't much into the hippy scene, and I'm pretty sure you would have had to give me one then, but I'd sure like to have one now. And yes, the first time I saw a Superbird, I thought that was about the ugliest car I had ever seen.

They ain't ugly! Kinda cool and different!
Put that top on a Rustang...and now that's ugly!

Jeff

-
Back