Cuda Capers: 3-20-07

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I went to see my car today. It looks like it should be done by mid-April! The final plastic work is being done on the quarters and it will be in primer by morning. This weekend it comes apart and the door jams, trunk, engine compartment, etc. should get color the following week.

Barracuda079-vi.jpg

Barracuda081-vi.jpg

It's happening !

sweet. looking good. i'm right along with ya john

Car's lookin good John!:thumbup:

Are you still coming to Spring Carlisle next month for your bumpers?

EvilScamp said:
Car's lookin good John!:thumbup:

Are you still coming to Spring Carlisle next month for your bumpers?

Thanks Kev, I sure can't believe it's being done myself. After all these years of tragic paint & bodywork it just might be a Lady after all!

As for the bumpers, I learned my lesson when I picked up my leaf springs from Espo's at Englishtown years ago.

Me and my friend order a set of leaf springs for my car and his `66 Charger. We figure we'll save a bundle on shipping and pick them up at E-town's spring swap meet, right? WRONG. The day we go to the swap meet it's raining like a sunofabitch.... an absolutely pure Biblical doomsday scenario. Unrelenting rain.... We go searching for Espo and find out they are on the FAR end of the OPPOSITE side of the track, all the way down the end of pit lane. We never realized how heavy a pair of leaf springs can be when they are proped-up on your shoulders and your walking wearing a plastic poncho that you can't see out of, while your glasses are fogging up, and your whacking people in the head, arms, and upper body as you come stumbling through the rain-soaked crowd. After about 15 solid minutes of bashing people like punching bags we high-jack a shopping cart from behind one of the vendors and run off with it. This greatly reduces our increasing fatigue...until we hit the mud-pits that Englishtowns parking lot becomes in the rain. Never mind the downpour we're experiencing. We push...drag....kick...and curse these leaf springs like a pair of traumatized Chimps. We finally make it to my car, stuff the damn things in the trunk, and proceed to sit in traffic for 3 1/2 hours trying to make the 60 mile drive from Old Bridge, N.J. to Queens, N.Y.

Short answer to your question on picking up my bumpers: NO ^%$#@#$% WAY.

BTW: If you were one of those people I whacked with a leaf spring, or if I stole your shopping cart, I'm sorry. It was not a planned attack on my fellow swap meet scroungers.

FASTBACK340 said:
How far along is your car? :glasses8:

Mine is getting color today to find any low spots you can't see with just primer on. Dark Blue Metallic. Will be seeing it on Thursday or Friday this week. I hope to have mine back by the end of the month or early April. 7 months not to have my car seems like a really long time. :sad1: Keep us posted on yours as well.

Sounds like you got your sleep FAST BACK 340. :salute:
Hell I got tired just thinking about carrying them spring's That far and in the rain. :sad1:

How was the trip to Vegas ??? Any thing!!!
Glad your barracuda is on its way
and about to be turned into a lady. :thumbup:

FASTBACK340 said:
As for the bumpers, I learned my lesson when I picked up my leaf springs from Espo's at Englishtown years ago.

Short answer to your question on picking up my bumpers: NO ^%$#@#$% WAY.

I feel your pain , I was in the same rain storm picking up my bumpers , except I had a plan brought back 4 cores to get extra discount and they were in the same area you are talking about FAR side deep in , me by myself 4 bumpers ..... EASY ,,,1 hand truck , roll of shrink wrap , wraped the 4 old cores to the hand truck trecked through the mud got my new chromed bumpers shrink wraped new bumpers to hand truck back to truck .
Your Car is lookin GOOD :thumbup:

FASTBACK340 said:
Thanks Kev, I sure can't believe it's being done myself. After all these years of tragic paint & bodywork it just might be a Lady after all!

As for the bumpers, I learned my lesson when I picked up my leaf springs from Espo's at Englishtown years ago. Short answer to your question on picking up my bumpers: NO ^%$#@#$% WAY. .

Ok, i was just wondering i thought we could meet up i still owe you lunch the next time i see ya.

EvilScamp said:
Ok, i was just wondering i thought we could meet up i still owe you lunch the next time i see ya.

We'll do lunch at Chryslers @ Carlisle. I'll work up an appetite!

-
Back