`Cuda Gills...What do you think

-

1970Duster

Reaction score
I have the whole set (both pass and driver) so I'm really thinking of using these. I'm thinking these will work with my whole theme of a Sharktooth Grill, Cuda Gills, and of course the Shaker setup. So what do you guys think, to close to the door? Should I use all 4 or just 3?

Attachments

• Cuda Gill-00.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 467
  • Cuda Gill-01.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 505
Some steps back.
Thanks Hatchet for the specs on the Cuda.

Attachments

• Cuda Gill-02.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 480
  • Cuda Gill-03.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 456
Gotta be split like 60/40 from the well me tinks'.........

Forward just a bit from the door.......

Never pictured these before.......Can't wait to see 'em. :smile:

Looks way cool. I am with the crew, though. Try moving them a bit forward. Maybe use the center of the Valiant badge as your visual centerline?

Just like Pastortom1 says move slightly back from the center of the dogleg and see what she looks like. That is an awesome idea! Here's something...how bout using the gills for tail lights?? Similar to the demon?? I dont know if the lights would be visible from behind though......ok time for another bowl...

Way too close to the door, you want to run a line up from the rear of the wheel opening where its straight for a bit before it arches, this line will be on a slight diagonal, then try and center the inserts between that line and the edge of the fender next to the door.
Use 4 per side anything else will look odd.

I see what you guys are saying about moving the gills forward, so that will happen. I'm thinking of also using an AAR front airdam (already have the direct connection rear spoiler) or just make one. As far as the rear goes i have not made up my mind on the way I wanna go yet. So I ask you guys to help me out a little and post up some pictures if you could. Thanks in advance.

Yes and install them all crooked with duct tape and permatex.

Seriously, it will look cool when you get the placement where YOU want it. Different for sure.

I like the gills. Not sure on the later A bodies but but I think the early cars have a brace of some type on the back side of the fenders in that area. You might have to work around something like that.

im excited to see progress I think you should deff relocate the duster/valiant emblems away from below the gills

Just to muddy the waters a bit, here's my 2-cents worth...
I'd only use 3 (just to be different) and eliminate the one closest to the door in post#9. I'd also do away with the 'valiant' and 'duster' badges anywhere on your car. Let the viewer wonder what it is and what's different.
I really like the theme and your incorporating the Barracuda gills in your theme. I also think Demon tail lights would work better with the gill theme than standard Duster tail lights.
Keep us updated on progress - gonna be cool!

-
Back