Current prices for hemis

-

sport74

Reaction score
So what is the going rate for a 5.7 HEMI? I know it all depends on year mileage car truck etc let's just say a price for car engine vs truck engine with around 100k on the odometer for a baseline

I paid $800 for one out of an 06 Daytona with 86k miles. No ecu or accessories with it.

Interesting. So $800 for just the engine,and if you want to make it run with the original efi,how much? I know it would be reasonable to just carb it,and tbi aftermarket stuff is actually resonably priced now. Just curious,no plans myself.

I got a 2005 truck engine with 118000 on it for 100.00 but I just wanted a core but this was a running engine the truck was totaled

Interesting. So $800 for just the engine,and if you want to make it run with the original efi,how much? I know it would be reasonable to just carb it,and tbi aftermarket stuff is actually resonably priced now. Just curious,no plans myself.

All I need are accessories and a harness/ecu, and then a handheld tuner. Tuners can be had used for 200, ecu and harness another 100, then accessories. So total is another 500 or so, or you can go with a standalone efi unit like Holley. There's a lot of ways to skin the cat.

Things must have changed for the mopar crowd as far as hemi's and computer tuning go's. I think it wasn't that long ago the mopar stuff really was considered hard to hack.

You might give LKQ a try in your area. They usually offer special Ebay only deals and even include a 6 month warranty on high mileage engines.

I have a complete running 06 for sale under mechincal parts for sale. Still in car. Make an offer. I don't want to sell parts off it.

I appreciate the offers guys, but I'm just trying to get a feel for the average price. I have opportunities to get them from time to time, and would like to put a fair price on one if I choose to get one to resale. At this time I am building a 408 for my dart, and me go HEMI if something happens to the 408 but that's not to say I wouldn't trade if the right offer presented itself

One for sale here in local yard. 200 k mi. the guy wants $2800.00 for it.
Depends on area I guess not many turn up around here.

This thread does make me curious what they are worth locally here.Dodges tend to command higher prices here in Canada.

I think the various prices reflect a number of things. Car vs Truck, truck cheaper. 03-09 vs 10-16 later eagle motors are worth more. 6.1 vs 5.7 6.1 worth a bit more. 6.4 worth the most. Does it have accessories?

All of these factors affect the price.

Good info!

I have a guy that's been trying to sell me 5.7 done to 392 with harnesses and Ecu + an extra set of heads. Been considereding it for the 74 Power Wagon 4x4 W100 cause the 727 will bolt to it. He wants 5k. Based on the conversation he is to high!

Good info!

I have a guy that's been trying to sell me 5.7 done to 392 with harnesses and Ecu + an extra set of heads. Been considereding it for the 74 Power Wagon 4x4 W100 cause the 727 will bolt to it. He wants 5k. Based on the conversation he is to high!

I think if it's been rebuild with a stroker kit ("5.7 done to 392") that changes things quite a bit...

This is awesome news though it was only a year or so ago it seemed like people were still complaining about the cost of making a modern Hemi run in an old car. Makes my dream of putting one in my Duster that much closer to reality :D

Whatif a guy wanted to run a modern hemi and a matching new transmission? Is that possible? Im thinking if an O.D trans and a modern hemi were feasible,a guy might be able to put one in his Duster etc for under 4 grand.

As for me Im still going with my 451,but an O.D is definitely a big draw for me. Just not at gear vendors prices lol. Someone needs to step up and offer some competition to G.V.

Whatif a guy wanted to run a modern hemi and a matching new transmission? Is that possible? Im thinking if an O.D trans and a modern hemi were feasible,a guy might be able to put one in his Duster etc for under 4 grand.

As for me Im still going with my 451,but an O.D is definitely a big draw for me. Just not at gear vendors prices lol. Someone needs to step up and offer some competition to G.V.
Could a 45 or 46 RH internals be swapped into a 727 housing? I know that they are based off that original design, and if so would be an alternative to G.V.

I know for me that 727 is a must with the short tail housing and divorced transfer case in my 4wd Power Wagon. I just am wavering on 5k for a stroked 392 based on the prices others are getting for salvage motors!

Use a stick-shift trans with OD, there's the awesome T56 swap thread in the stickies section. If I were putting in an automatic I'd go all the way and get one of those 8-speeds, I drove a 2016 Charger R/T holy crap that trans is so much better than the POS NAG-1 in my mom's 2009 300C. In 'sport' mode the manual shifts are so quick they're literally faster than the blink of an eye.

I also drove my dad's 2007 Durango with a Hemi, from what I felt driving it the ratios are spread really wide (makes sense since it's a truck) but the final drive seemed too tall anyway. I personally wouldn't make that one my first choice but I hear it has been done.

i think fitting a late model tranny into an older floorpan is the main issue . The trans hump is too small.
Here in Australia , gen3's are still pricey . I paid 6k for a 5.7 and rfe545 with an aftermarket loom but no computer .
Luckily it ran ok and both seem to work as they should .

i think fitting a late model tranny into an older floorpan is the main issue . The trans hump is too small.
Here in Australia , gen3's are still pricey . I paid 6k for a 5.7 and rfe545 with an aftermarket loom but no computer .
Luckily it ran ok and both seem to work as they should .

Wow without a computer....that is indeed pricey. Better supply of them here,lower prices. Still glad Im going big block lol!As for the O.D trans,yup the trans tunnel needs to be greatly expanded to fit an O.D automatic. The most economical setup I have found so far for an O.D and probably the easiest id to buy a used A 833 O.D trans,and get the hemi O.D trans parts from Passon performance. Still out of my price range for the time being though.

-
Back