So I finally went off the deep end decided I needed to build my own hood scoop. I’ve been needing more space with my carb but I recently installed a sniper with a 1” spacer and now two different objects occupy the same space. You purists are probably gonna hate me. Oh well. At least it’s not a cowl. So on to the hood. I knew wanted a lower-wider scoop. Never been a huge fan of the HEMI scoop. Not that it’s bad just not my style. I’ve always like the style of the Belvedere scoop and so that’s the direction I’ve taken. I’m by no means a body guy and so this is all very much a learning experience for me. I tend to dive straight in. I measured everything up and made a mock-up out of fiber board. Pretty straightforward so far. After i decided I liked it I went to cutting. I took out the center section so I could use that because I wanted the original hood lines in the center. Now that’s gone along with the bracing underneath that I plan on using again somehow. Originally I planned on just welding the corner seams and shaping from there but decided that wasn’t a great idea. So now I need to make a small bench top metal brake. This is what I ended up with. I have a piece of angle that slides into two jigs I made and it folds upward onto the round stock. Now I get to learn basic sheet metal bending. I tired the 18 gauge but it ended up being a bit to stiff for my little brake. 20 it is. I think it did okay. Gave the tight radius I wanted. Here it is mocked up. I’ll start tacking it together maybe tomorrow. Still a ton left to do. I have some ideas I like but I’m trying to stay within my limits. Overall I’m pleased so far.