Custom Emblems

-

'64 Cuda

Reaction score
I hope this is okay. If not then the moderators can move it or delete it.

I recently did business with a guy that makes custom hood emblems. They are like the factory Mopar emblems that were on the shaker scoops, factory scooped hoods etc., except he makes them to order with your personal engine displacement or whatever you want. I had the set made that's shown below. They're machined from aluminum, polished, painted, then clear coated with automotive paint. They attach with double sided emblem tape. I couldn't be happier with the quality of the emblems or the guy that makes them. I have no affiliation with him. I just wanted to put in a good word for him as he's just starting his business. If anybody wants any details they can PM me, or if the mods say it's okay I'll post his info here.

Attachments

• 408 SIX BBL.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 724
Now those are bad ***!

I think your buddy will get some serious business here.

I wish I knew about this a few months ago.

They were $150 for the pair plus $8.60 shipping. It could go up a bit if you want something really detailed but that was the standard price. I just checked his web site & the price is now $156.99 but the shipping is a little bit less. Still reasonable to me.

I'm going to go ahead & put his contact info here because I've already had several people contact me asking about the emblems.

Here's the guy's info.

Custom Auto Emblems
Dave Whitehouse
(715) 210-3506
www.customautoemblems.net

I've been looking for somebody to do something like this for years. Wish I had a paint job on the car so I could put the emblems on it. They're really nice. You can tell him you heard about it here. I'm not getting anything for posting the info here. I just wanted to pass this along because I'm so pleased with them & figure others here might want something like this for their cars.

Those are very cool, but pretty pricey. I did something similar for my 340 Demon hoodscoop. Bought a couple of 440 Six Pack emblems and cut off the 440 part (ouch). Then I sent the Six Pack pieces to Leanna to powder coat......she loves working w/ potmetal LOL.

I had been thinking about trying to modify something that already existed for a long time. Trim Parts has some really nice numbers available. They run A little over $16 each & I would have needed six of them to spell out 408. Then I would have had to buy a pair of reproduction emblems to work with. My original idea was to use a set of 'cuda 440-6 shaker scoop emblems. By the time I bought the numbers & reproduction emblems I would've spent more than I did for these & I would still need to rework things. With these I was able to (within reason) design what I wanted. You're right, they're a bit pricey, but I'm happy. :happy6:

Just curious...How much were yours by the time you bought the emblems & had them coated?

Just curious...How much were yours by the time you bought the emblems & had them coated?

I actually did these a couple of years ago. I think the emblems were like $40 (pair) and I sent them to Leanna w/ a few other items, so I don't remember the cost to powder them, but it was very reasonable and well worth the $$.

LOL Cheryl!

Hey ... I do love a challenge. :-D

I know you had a heck of a time with the stuff I sent and everthing turned out P E R F E C T :-D.

Actually, it wasn't the pot metal pieces that were so challenging, it was that two-tone gas cap! Perseverance and exerting my will over the parts eventually pays off. :-D

Since you had an inquiry, I looked through my notes on the total cost. For your antenna bezel and nut, gas cap and handle, it was $80. But nearly half of that was for a special order of two pounds of Lemon Peel powder and the return shipping. Hope this helps!

I know it makes me proud every time I see your avatar. :-D That's a great picture!

When I started pricing reproduction emblems they were going to run me $35 to $40 apiece so I was looking at $70 or more plus almost $100 for the numbers I wanted to use to customize the emblems.

-
Back