-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badart

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Contact seller
Time for another part to help stiffen up your ride. These are inner fender braces made from 1 3/4" .095" DOM tubing and 4 pieces of 1/8" plate for the landings. There is plenty of clearance for the tires as you can see in the pictures. All Pictures are taken with the suspension bottomed out on the bump stop. The skinnies are 155/80/15 and the others are so wide that they rub the frame and the outer fenders and are G60/14's LOL.

The tubing will come cut with an extra 1" more one each end than pictured to allow trimming if you want to weld them in differently and get a perfect fit. XV Motorsports charges $190 for the same kit. This kit will only be $70 plus shipping.

Also check out my lower radiator support braces for sale. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?p=1578055#post1578055

Attachments

• Inner fender braces.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,197
  • Inner fender braces1.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 2,721
  • Inner fender braces2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 2,151
  • Inner fender braces3.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 2,162
  • Inner fender braces4.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 2,128
Just so you guys know these can be mounted a little higher if you like. I will ship the tubes a little longer for fitting. You just have to put the landing plate on the firewall where you want it. I thought there would be more interest.

I've built a set of these myself. However I had my plates laser cut, that way I could get them right up near the top and weld the bar to the inner fender as well.

These do look great.

Riddler

nice job, good pricing
they are on my list...

I'll take a set! PM sent

My car will be a good test for how these fit- 275/40 18's up front with enough back spacing to rub the frame rail before full lock. and I'll check it with no bump stop. Pictures will be taken!

I'll take a set! PM sent

My car will be a good test for how these fit- 275/40 18's up front with enough back spacing to rub the frame rail before full lock. and I'll check it with no bump stop. Pictures will be taken!

It looks like those tires have a 26.6" diameter. The tires in the picture are 25.8" I believe so you might be pushing it with the current bar location. You could however actually modify the bars to sit higher and angle down more to the shock tower. I answered your pm, I hope that it works for you.

I'll take a set! PM sent

i'm interested in these also. i'll wait to see the results of fitment with 18s since i will be running that wheel size as well.

attachment.php

Good effort and anything will help.

From an engineering standpoint, to make one for use with coil-overs,
you could flip the tube over so that the curve goes to the inside. Then
get the front attachment point as low and inside as possible while getting
the back as high and outside as your tire clearance will allow, even cutting
the tube at an angle to put the forces into the top part of the cowl.

Consider the forces involved either to reduce twist and/or to deflect front
suspension forces. Probably keep you from tearing the tub off of the body.

attachment.php

Good effort and anything will help.

From an engineering standpoint, to make one for use with coil-overs,
you could flip the tube over so that the curve goes to the inside. Then
get the front attachment point as low and inside as possible while getting
the back as high and outside as your tire clearance will allow, even cutting
the tube at an angle to put the forces into the top part of the cowl.

Consider the forces involved either to reduce twist and/or to deflect front
suspension forces. Probably keep you from tearing the tub off of the body.

Thanks and I really appreciate your input, but this is not really designed for coil-overs and I would think that more bracing would need to be added. This is merely added to help reinforce what the factory did.

It appears to me you are going to suffer the same problem I believe I will suffer! I did that to my car 4 years ago, it still isnt done or on the road. I am guessing my 245/40/17's are gonna hit. It will happen during compression while turning for sure! Dont have my front wheels yet, but I intend to check it out with my rears...275/40/17's. If any of you guys with big tires get it mounted up, take some pics as you work your front tire up and down with a jack. Pass the intel on please! If I dont have to cut them out, it wouldnt hurt my feelings!

It appears to me you are going to suffer the same problem I believe I will suffer! I did that to my car 4 years ago, it still isnt done or on the road. I am guessing my 245/40/17's are gonna hit. It will happen during compression while turning for sure! Dont have my front wheels yet, but I intend to check it out with my rears...275/40/17's. If any of you guys with big tires get it mounted up, take some pics as you work your front tire up and down with a jack. Pass the intel on please! If I dont have to cut them out, it wouldnt hurt my feelings!

I really appreciate your input, but the tires that I have pictured are taller and wider than your 245/40/17's. They are an inch taller and so wide that they rub the frame rails while turning and also rub the fender lip, so they are not even practical. As you can see the lower A arm is on the bump stop and there is at least 2" of clearance and I checked this lock to lock. How can you say that they won't work when you haven't even test fitted yours yet? :wack:

Not tryin to beat you down dude...you've got a great idea and the parts look nice. Its just that when I had my stock front end on still, it was close, and those were the stock grandma tires. I havent cut mine out yet...not doing anything to front end until I can thoroughly test it. Keep it up, make a bunch and make some money, I was just asking for someone to work the suspension through all of its motion and let us know how they fit.

i think i will probably do this for my 63, looking to remove inner fenders for headers for the 440.

Hey badart,Im very interested but totally broke at the moment. So I've subscribed to both of your posts on the rad support kit and this one! When I am able,I'll place an order. I think your prices just cant be beat,are low enough that even a DIY like myself will buy and not bother making it themselves.

I understand there is a limited supply. Are you planning on making more if there is demand when stock runs out?

Does the fender or anything need to be taken off to put these on?

Good question,so heres another. Can they be used with inner fenders removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back