Custom Slant Valve Covers

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A set of Poly and a pair of slant valve covers that Leanna did for me came in through FedEx today. Needless to say I was impressed. She did them in Flag Red with silver accents on the ribs. On the 65 valve cover I added the factory chromed oil filler cap and PCV cap (both standard with the Commando valve covers) with a NOS PCV valve to see what it would look like. The 66 has a chrome NOS Cal Custom oil filler cap and NOS PCV grommet and PCV valve. Pictures just don't do them justice!

Attachments

• Slant Valve Covers 011.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 1,582
  • Slant Valve Covers 012.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 1,502
Some thing told me not to open this thread,I knew it was going to make me spend money !!! LOL
Now to find the best valve cover for my /6 to sent to Leanna...
Thanks a lot 65 Dartman.
Martin
P.S. Awesome Valve Cover

Hey Don, thanks for showing them off! I'm really happy to hear you like them. Those chrome caps really set 'em off.

They're a first for me in a few ways: First time using that color combo of Flag Red and Silver Glaze, first 2-tone custom Slant 6s, and my first ever Polys to restore. I was surprised when you told me how long they'd been sitting outside -- they're pretty tough old birds.

It looks like you already crashed for the night so here's a couple of my pics for the website.

View attachment 004 - Copy.jpg

View attachment 005 - Copy.jpg

Thanks again for your business and loyalty! I always enjoy working with you. And thanks too to kittypancake and Martin for the kind words. I appreciate it! :-D

Wow!
Seems to me Leanna could sell the slant covers all day long! I would like a one in Silver and Blue for my 73, what does something like that cost?? could you or Leanna PM me with a ball park price..
VERY PERTY I must say! another fine job and I never thought about a slant v cover..
Bruce B

Thanks guys!

Bruce, I quote every job individually to be fair to everyone since not all of us take care of our cars and parts the same way. If you can shoot me a few pictures of yours (including close ups of any dings / dents / damage I'll need to address), I can get back to you on a quote. Generally speaking though, you're looking probably at somewhere between $75 and $150 before any FABO / military discounts are applied.

Sweet!
redbeard.gif

That's it :blob::blob: I am going to send my /6 Valve cover when I can and get it looking good again :cheers:
One day soon, she is my driver and I don't have an extra to run at this time..
Yes Dan!! Saaaaweeet for sure :cheers:

Attachments

• Tim%20Morlin%20Visit%207%2022%202010%20015.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 1,354
  • Spring%202011%20215.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,324
  • Spring%202011%20218.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,312
  • securedownload.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 1,334
  • 9216583.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 1,310
Makes me wonder what she could do to a cast aluminum slant cover like one of the offys

I guess you've never checked out my website mcnoogle. This is on the home page, another job for 65Dartman last year ...

View attachment Offy valve cover.jpg

... along with a matching Lynx Valiant intake manifold that needed a lot of metal work on arrival.

View attachment get-attachment.jpg

The more intricate and detailed the job is, the more I dig it. :-D

Attachments

• get-attachment (5).jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,248
Guys, let me tell you pictures don't do justice to these parts and is much more impressive in person - just a little bling without being overbearing.

Guys, let me tell you pictures don't do justice to these parts and is much more impressive in person - just a little bling without being overbearing.

Ok. Drive the car over here so we can look at it... LOL! 8)

I got the LCA's today. Thanks

Ok. Drive the car over here so we can look at it... LOL! 8)

Won't be taking the wagon to the Nats this year, maybe next with all this neat stuff.

{QUOTE=krazykuda]I got the LCA's today. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Great! Good to hear everything arrived OK

I would like to know how you got an offy valve cover with a rear tube for the pcv? It was my understanding that they came with just the front tube and no provision for any pcv. I have thought about buying an offy and having an threaded aluminum tube welded on for a screw in pcv but yours looks much better.

I would like to know how you got an offy valve cover with a rear tube for the pcv? It was my understanding that they came with just the front tube and no provision for any pcv. I have thought about buying an offy and having an threaded aluminum tube welded on for a screw in pcv but yours looks much better.

Pretty easy actually - I went to Lowes and bought some sheet aluminum, measured the diameter of the front tube and rolled the sheet aluminum to shape. Had my welder TIG it together, use the appropriate size hole saw and then TIG it to the valve cover. With the rest of the sheet aluminum I made 2 sets of baffles and had them TIGed under the stovepipes as well (since the Offy never came with baffles). See www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=99216

With the chrome Commando Oil Filler and PCV caps and Leanna's handiwork, the Offy valve cover is really eye catching (and functional as well). The Lynx triple SU intake ought to compliment it quite nicely.

Per the request of a couple FABO customers (who worked out a swap deal on parts I've got here now :-D), I talked with a welder about 35 miles away yesterday -- recommended by a few local racers/enthusiasts for cages, custom exhausts, etc. -- who's willing to machine the opening and tig weld a pcv tube in place for about $50. On this particular deal, the tubing is going to be provided by a customer so I'm not sure how much more it would be if he had to fab it up too.

-
Back