Custom Tonka, 1956 Ford grain truck

-

GoDartGo

thread killer un-member
Reaction score
Heres my latest project, the cab has been totally re-shaped to look more like the real truck. All that's left is the hood and some of the doors. The rest of the truck is scratch built from my wife old Ford Taurus sheet metal. (Opps, had to buy her a new car).
The bed has a scissor lift and goes up, there are full frame rails and fake lower motor.
DSCN9287.JPG
DSCN9289.JPG

DSCN9291.JPG
DSCN9084.JPG

very cool , just have a couple stockers . had one i cop'd chanl'd and low'rd . buys loved it gave me my green one for it .
DSC09281.JPG

Heres my latest project, the cab has been totally re-shaped to look more like the real truck. All that's left is the hood and some of the doors. The rest of the truck is scratch built from my wife old Ford Taurus sheet metal. (Opps, had to buy her a new car).
The bed has a scissor lift and goes up, there are full frame rails and fake lower motor.
View attachment 1715091235 View attachment 1715091236
View attachment 1715091238View attachment 1715091242
that looks super nice!

This truck is AWESOME. It is so refreshing to see a high-quality custom pressed-steel truck. Unfortunately, there is a lot of "not-so-hot" customs being built. This really caught my eye.

I, too, am a custom builder. I would love to chat with you about our mutual hobby. I have built many customs - I've uploaded a few pictures of my custom Nylint 4x4 1965 Ford Puller. James

IMG_5630.JPG

IMG_5639.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG

thanks for the kind words. I'm digging the puller, would love to see the undercarriage on that beast.
looks like a Nylint '66 Ford cab with a Tonka fleet side box. Is that truck RC?

I am working on a Nylint Ford Bronco at he present.

-
Back