Custom trans tunnel.

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
I have a customer who wants a trans tunnel made. I keep telling him, it's not cheep.
The cost could easy be 2 or 3 grand.

I'm talking full English wheel, custom one off job.

So he dont want to spend that yet thinks I will section a tunnel from year one, roll it, metal prep it and be under a grand...

I dont think so..

Thank God the bid did not include the tunnel. I'm just gonna leave an 18 by 34 inch hole in his cab or he can spend the long dollar and I will make one.

This is one I made for our modle A. Yeah it takes a lot of hours but you get nice work.
20190612_153053_zpsajxlgr5k.jpg

That's my rant for the night...

see, that right there is your problem

quit showing off the good stuff and people will quit asking for it

I spent nowhere near that...but I got what I paid for...a piece of tin bent over the hole and welded in....folks never seem to realize that one off custom work like what you have in the picture is extremely time consuming. Yet these very folks think everything they do, even if it just flipping burgers at a burger joint is worth $50@hour...

I spent nowhere near that...but I got what I paid for...a piece of tin bent over the hole and welded in....folks never seem to realize that one off custom work like what you have in the picture is extremely time consuming. Yet these very folks think everything they do, even if it just flipping burgers at a burger joint is worth $50@hour...
It's under the car and under carpet I wouldn't care!
That being said I know cope does phenomenal work well worth 2-3k

If it was just an imperfect round tunnel, then how much?

To make one in the brake with angles vs using the English wheel, 5-7 hundred bucks.

I still have to fit it the the opening, flange the floor so that it dont just sit on top of the new floor, but it up tight to the angle on the fire wall and nutcert it all in place. So yeah even that is a day or so.

-
Back