Customized B&M Pro Stick Shifter pics

-

Duane

Reaction score
ok so this turned into a little project on its own for me, but it has worked out very well.
I already had the pro stick shifter and the turbo action command center from years ago.
I always liked the idea of having all the ignition and accessories right at your fingertips on the shifter where your hand is. I saw a few other accessories for this shifter that carried this same idea so I added them too.
One problem with the command center is once it's wired and all hooked up it is difficult to remove to service the shifter( lube or cable change). It requires removing the shifter ball and the wiring for the switches has too stay attached.
Also I have a safe neutral transbrake valve body and no one that I know of makes a Co2 shifter for the pro stick with a safe neutral reverse pattern. Contender performance is working on it but I have waited a year and it's still not available yet.
So I bought the standard reverse pattern shifnoid and modified it to work with safe neutral pattern. First mod was to move the shifter mounting hole .875 closer.
The second mod required machining a slot in the link bar so I can manually pull neutral by hand at the end of the run. Also added the Lokar battery disconnect kit which attaches directly to the push off switch in the rear bumper, and fabricated a bracket for a Biondo terminator long travel transbrake switch. Also added these chrome threaded connections so all the wiring and the shifter ball can be quickly unthreaded allowing the command center to easily lift off for servicing without having to disturb any of the switch wiring underneath the cover which is a pain to install.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
ok so this turned into a little project on its own for me, but it has worked out very well.
I already had the pro stick shifter and the turbo action command center from years ago.
I always liked the idea of having all the ignition and accessories right at your fingertips on the shifter where your hand is. I saw a few other accessories for this shifter that carried this same idea so I added them too.
One problem with the command center is once it's wired and all hooked up it is difficult to remove to service the shifter( lube or cable change). It requires removing the shifter ball and the wiring for the switches has too stay attached.
Also I have a safe neutral transbrake valve body and no one that I know of makes and Co2 shifter or the pro stick with a safe neutral reverse pattern. Contender performance is working on it but I have waited a year and it's still not available yet.
So I bought the standard reverse pattern shifnoid and modified it to work with safe neutral pattern. first mod was to move the shifter mounting hole .875 closer.
The second mod required machining a slot in the link bar so I can manually pull neutral by hand at the end of the run. See video in the next post.

View attachment 1715480951

View attachment 1715480952

View attachment 1715480953

View attachment 1715480956
Video won't load sorry, but it works perfect from 1-2 and 2-3

Also I have a safe neutral transbrake valve body and no one that I know of makes a Co2 shifter for the pro stick with a safe neutral reverse pattern. Contender performance is working on it but I have waited a year and it's still not available yet.
So I bought the standard reverse pattern shifnoid and modified it to work with safe neutral pattern. First mod was to move the shifter mounting hole .875 closer.
The second mod required machining a slot in the link bar so I can manually pull neutral by hand at the end of the run. Also added the Lokar battery disconnect kit which attaches directly to the push off switch in the rear bumper, and fabricated a bracket for a Biondo terminator long travel transbrake switch. Also added these chrome threaded connections so all the wiring and the shifter ball can be quickly unthreaded allowing the command center to easily lift off for servicing without having to disturb any of the switch wiring underneath the cover which is a pain to install.

View attachment 1715480983

View attachment 1715480984

View attachment 1715480985
Had another brainstorm the other day and am going to try this experiment. Any of you guys see any reason why this would not work.
Using the shifnoid solenoid mounting bracket, I drilled 2 holes to mount my cable at the rear of the shifter into the bracket.
I fabricated a cable mounting bracket for the trans that will bring the cable to the trans shift lever from the rear. I mounted it on the big
Factory "ear" like the turbo action shifter uses.
Just an experiment and it's totally reversible. No changes to the shifter or the trans shift lever. My theory is that all I am doing is pushing the cable instead of pulling. What ya think? If this works, the rear entry to the trans is totally away from the headers. I estimate I could use a very short cable which the b&m super duty series have many lengths available.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Had another brainstorm the other day and am going to try this experiment. Any of you guys see any reason why this would not work.
Using the shifnoid solenoid mounting bracket, I drilled 2 holes to mount my cable at the rear of the shifter into the bracket.
I fabricated a cable mounting bracket for the trans that will bring the cable to the trans shift lever from the rear. I mounted it on the big
Factory "ear" like the turbo action shifter uses.
Just an experiment and it's totally reversible. No changes to the shifter or the trans shift lever. My theory is that all I am doing is pushing the cable instead of pulling. What ya think? If this works, the rear entry to the trans is totally away from the headers. I estimate I could use a very short cable which the b&m super duty series have many lengths available.

I've been thinking about the same thing since I melted a cable last summer. Going fwd is inconvenient in so many ways. Very interested to see the results when you try it.

View attachment 1715480983

View attachment 1715480984

View attachment 1715480985
So I was finally able to test this rear exit cable on my trans. It appears to work fine.
Here are some final pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

-
Back