Dad passed away this morning....long story

-

johndart

Reaction score
He was mopar car guy all his life with a few other brands thrown in for variety. He fostered my love of cars taking me to my first cars show when I was 5. I was hooked and hell on wheels with my pedal car. He found me my first car a 2 year old exec. driven co. car with a glove box full of repair bills for check rough idle. A 1970 Burnt orange 340 Auto Dart Swinger black interior and vynal roof, stripe delete car with S/S Cragars that I drove in highschool, raced on street and Strip in Georgetown and lived at Harvey's Jane & 401. My dad always came to the track with me and when I raced 2 cars he would move them up the lanes so when I got back from one run I could jump into the other and make another pass. One summer at the start of the season wednesday nite and friday nite racing 45 minutes from Toronto I was crawling under the car to do up the headers and he said why bother we will be back on friday nite. I drove my Dart all summer with open headders around and to the track twice a week with my dad. That was probably the best summer & times in my life with him.

Sorry for the loss of your father, Prayers sent.

God bless

Darryl

My condolances. At least he shared a passion of Mopars,with you.

Sorry about your dad , lost mine Jan. 2 years ago. Many prayers tonight
for your dad and your family. : (

Sorry to hear that , but always remember the good times and pass them down to your kids . Start a legacy from his memory , and he will always be alive in your heart , and those of the future . Condolences from Missouri .

My condolences sent to you and your family.It sounds like you,ve done quite a bit of racing at Cayuga Dragway(now Toronto Motorsports Park).I do quite abit of racing there myself.Come on out sometime through the summer,always good times.:D

Condolences to you and the rest of your family and the many friends
that was touched by your father.... May he R.I.P and always be remembered for the great man/father he was, Prayers sent to be strong
and be there in his place for your family and friends.....

Sad times with such awesome memories. Cherish the memories and never stop telling them...

Sorry for your loss...

RIP

Truly sorry John...... Blessings to you and the entire family....and hold fast to all the great memories. Sounds like a great man. Doc

-
Back