Dads 273 cam break in with VIDEO!

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Well we finally got dads car fired up on Sunday, my son Garrett took a couple of videos, but the one file is corrupt, so I cant get it to load. This one is within the 1st couple minutes of fireup. Garrett was doing the narrating, he was stoked, but got the year of the car wrong, he thought 69, but must have been thinking bout my car....I wish mine was running.

FYI, as per 67dart273 help, we pulled the dizzy, removed the coil wire at the coil, grounded a screwdriver near it, spun the dizzy and got spark. We left the rad cap off and water literally was pumping out about a foot in the air. Once fired, we immediately got about 70 psi for oil pressure, and we brought the rpm's up to 2500 asap. I will try to get more videos posted. Hope the link works

Thanks again to everyone!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1VDSg9v6og&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Thanks Bruce, I cant wait to fine tune it and take it for a test drive. You can see in the video we dont have tranny lines hooked up. We hooked temporary ones and ran them into a bucket with tranny fluid. Once the lines come we can get everything set and do some tweaking. You guys were right, straight outta the box that Eddy carb is great. Dialed it out about 1 3/4 turns on each of them. Engine has a bit of a lump and the exhaust sounds great!

SWEEEEEET! Can't wait to fire the 318 with open headers in my Black car. Put the dash back in tonight and will install guage cluster on Saturday. Then attack that maze of wires. Show time isn't TOO FAR OFF!!!!

SWEEEEEET! Can't wait to fire the 318 with open headers in my Black car. Put the dash back in tonight and will install guage cluster on Saturday. Then attack that maze of wires. Show time isn't TOO FAR OFF!!!!

Make sure to take and post video!! By the way I wouldnt do a 1st fireup on open headers....ya wanna hear anything and everything possible.
Good luck!

Very nice 67 cuda and that engine sounds great with that cam .. sounds kind of snotty ! like that ! nice work !!
john

:cheers:Awsome news there Steve...........I bet Dads pretty dam happy now...........Good luck on the rest...If you need to take er for a good spin you can pop in here at anytime. love to see it in person.:burnout:

Damn that sounds great! Pops must be smiling non-stop now! And that Barracuda is gorgeous. Beatiful body, beautiful color, and I love Cragars on them.. Way to go guys!

Garnt

Great looking car! Don't forget to tighten the alternator belt a bit.

Yeah she was a little sloppy to say the least!!
It was like being in Maid of the Mist with the rad cap off!! I was completely drenched from head to toe!

Yes dad is very very happy! The cragars go with the orig ZZ1, but if its up to me stock rims and dog dish....I have both "plain" and cop car dog dish's....I may have dad leaning towards the dog dish...

Thanks guys, it wouldnt be breathing without all of the great fabo help :thumleft:

Congratulations :cheers: Wow!! I sure miss doing these first fire ups and it sounds great :thumleft:
Dad's a happy camper I bet :cheers: say howdy to him for us :glasses7: Job well dun :thumleft::thumleft:

-
Back