Dads 67 "S"capade

-
Thanks everyone, especially for the honourary spot at the fabo tent! Dad aint a drinker(anymore) but I will drink all that he doesnt. I have to learn to control myself here and realize that its dads car and its his call as to what he wants to do. But still offer up "advice" at the same time. So far so good though, Dave/Jaws thanks for those pics!! I have never seen them before looks great!!

I does look nice and solid. I've never liked that gold color.My 67 vert statrted life that same color but I plan to change it. Anyway,,, Can I get a close look at those rocker mouldings ? I think 67 rocker mouldings are more rare than the 68 gills and spears.
Happy moparing

I'm sure Steve will shoot us a picture of the pretty ones onthe car but in the meantime here are a couple shots of a set I had.
IMG_9041.jpg

IMG_9037.jpg

I'm sure Steve will shoot us a picture of the pretty ones onthe car but in the meantime here are a couple shots of a set I had.

That's plenty of pics , Thanks. Do you know if 67 Dart had the same parts ?

sweet fish 4speed ragtop i have that whole assemblly for the hood if you want it pm me its yours for the shipping or you can pick it up but im on long island

Those rocker mouldings look nice toplscuda! Dad is more than happy with the ones he has, we may see if we can polish them, but to be honest dad is happy with the way they are. Hey redfish/ben, Im not sure if darts are the same. I need to get my mitts on a 67 parts manual.

Add to the wanted list the upper right corner piece for the rear window trim. It is about 90* and maybe 1" each way.

I need to get my mitts on a 67 parts manual.

Add to the wanted list the upper right corner piece for the rear window trim. It is about 90* and maybe 1" each way.

67 parts manual.
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=107

Steve, the window quarter piece Ill trown in with the other stuff. I have a few around here I converted mine to 68-9 style with the revel moldings.

Thanks Martin, dad is super happy. We went and picked up an engine hoist, and engine stand yesterday, so this week we will pull the engine and ship off to have engine bay touched up.

Really nice cuda!! I have been looking for a different place to put a windsheild washer container/pump as I don't want to put it on top of my newly painted fenders. I was looking at your underhood pics "post #25" and didn't see one....

Is there one and if so I would love to see a pic. I want to say I've seen them on the driverside somewhat close to the mastercylinder on top of the fender.

Really nice cuda!! I have been looking for a different place to put a windsheild washer container/pump as I don't want to put it on top of my newly painted fenders. I was looking at your underhood pics "post #25" and didn't see one....

Is there one and if so I would love to see a pic. I want to say I've seen them on the driverside somewhat close to the mastercylinder on top of the fender.

We have to re-install the reservoir, but you are right, it goes on the top of the ds fender. Just my opinion, but I wouldnt be concerned about mounting it.Wont hurt anything. Thanks for the kind words.

So over the past couple weeks, we have gotten a few things accomplished, not a lot but some. Engine is out and partially tore down. It goes in Monday to the engine shop to have new cam bearings installed. Cam was not looking the best, so a complete kit is ordered. Thanks to another great fabo member "badsport" he's going to do the fabo pony express and get it up here...hopefully save us some on shipping. We received some nice parts from some members on here, so dad put his new emblem on the passenger fender and replaced one of his b/u lenses. Also he is going to clean up and replace the drivers side tail/brake light housing. There were some creases/wrinkles in the bucket seats, well my Uncle told dad that if he steamed them the creases would come out. Dad got an iron and towel out and steamed them out and they came up perfect!! So although we have had to dig into the engine, we are making progress. Dad also made an appt with the paint shop for Monday, so off it goes for minor touchups in the engine bay. The car will be gone for a day or 2, and the engine for 2 or 3 days. Hopefully once they are back the progress will be a little quicker! Hopefully post more progress pics soon.

Attachments

• DSCF6312 (Medium).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 482
  • DSCF6313 (Medium).jpg
    92 KB · Views: 479
  • DSCF6323 (Medium).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 468
  • DSCF6324 (Medium).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 438
  • DSCF6310 (Medium).jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 476
Well, been a very good week for Dad, todays his birthday (68), so after I got off work(6am) I went in to have breakfast and :coffee2: with him. Tuesday we picked the fish up from the paint shop after they did touch ups. Wednesday his cam kit came in, that great fabo member "badsport" had received then shipped to us. :blob: So he picked it up at the Post office, then went to engine shop where they were putting in new cam bearings, and they test fit the cam....fits PERFECT! I ordered up some of the Eastwood brush-on engine paint, so will let you know the reviews on that. Oh and got a Eddy carb coming as well from Badsport!! :prayer:It has taken a little bit, but it looks like major fwd progress now!! Only pic I took today was of the new shiny stuff!! Hopefully get more pics this weekend.

Thanks
4spdragtop and ragtops pop

Attachments

• DSCF6632 (Medium).jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 426
-
Back