Dads Fish

-

waggin

moving on ain't easy if you drive a Ford :p
Reaction score
Time to get this beast ready for paint,has some issues with previous owner's attemt to strip paint under the hood then give up.so I put the car all together got everything working aligned the front end swapped it to big bolt and disc's and dad's been drivin her around for a while,he's playin with his rendidtion of a Lil red exprss truck so I can steal it away for a while,so dissasembly started today with removing all of the chrome etc. then for kicks I timed myself removing engine ,trans, k frame......had a few breaks in between for beer run, cigg's, talk on the phone with chickie.....i used an air impact for the wheels, torsion bar adjusters and the k frame bolts the rest was done with hand tools

Attachments

• dads cuda 025.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 1,256
  • dads cuda 034.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,214
  • dads cuda 036.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,250
  • dads cuda 043.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,252
  • dads cuda 039.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,250
2.5 hrs, not bad at all, I need a wrench like you when I work on my stuff. My friends are useless unless told what to do in which case I may as well do it myself. lol

I did not know your dad had a 66 barracuda :cheers::happy10::happy10:

Well dun Wagg's,8) and in good time I would say :tongue9:
And yes!! I have used the portable car lift a few times and they are great.
I borrowed it from a friend a few times back in the day doing rockers and cab corners for a customer on his 52 chevy truck, and even used it as a table for a BBQ and party night 8)
just a 4x8 3/4 plywood and raise it to bar height.
I liked using it to paint on. I bet he owned it well over 10 years and used the chit out of it.
It's days like this I wish I was close by to enjoy a couple days with you working on your dad's barracuda :happy10:
Bless you Wagg's :happy10: Count your blessing and time you have with your dad :happy10:

Looks like waggs has snap on painted on the side. I know you're having fun with dads car.

Looking good wags! Bruce has told me about your massive talent with body work, I'm gonna love seeing this one get done by you. 8)

O.K time documented with date,now get at er!Spring is in the air,looking forward to your progress Waggs:hippy2:

ok so got the sandblasting done yesterday,then the typical florida afternoon shower had me scrambling for blankets and tarps to keep the water off the bare metal....this morning was sanding and wirewheeling cleaning and more cleaning, then brake out a scotchbrite and the ospho and have at it.....wipe it back down clean and spray it with direct to metal primer.....that's as far as I could get before beer thirty came rollin around on the clock,tarped it off to keep the moisture off it now I will make a way to roll it back into the shop....

Attachments

• barracuda 020.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 1,117
  • barracuda 017.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,113
  • barracuda 018.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,115
  • barracuda 015.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,108
  • barracuda 013.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,102
  • barracuda 003.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,111
Dang Curtis that car is in good shape. Want to do mine next?

Sweet...........I wouldn't mine getting a lift like that either. So what color are you painting it?

yur makin me wanna go take a picture of the color.......it's called mango tango...kind a copperish color....i'm not sure I like it but then again it's dad's car and thats what he wanted...maybe I'll sneak some stripes on it so it looks better :angel7: i'll get a pic of it tomorrow and see what kinda ideas come strollin along
Sweet...........I wouldn't mine getting a lift like that either. So what color are you painting it?

Glad to see you're outta your slump, Curtis. That looks great.

Gotta gitter dun Pop's is impatient...at 75 years old you'd think he would be patient Lol

Well...just be thankful he's impatient and not a patient. Know what I mean, vern?

Lol he's not impatient ,he's got me for a kid so...........he must be friggin dr. all kind of patience :)

lil more progress pic's

Attachments

• boatinatbigblue 089.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,022
  • torsionbars 005.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,028
  • torsionbars 006.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,011
  • torsionbars 007.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 1,014
you collecting small blocks now waggs? :toothy10: Cn you tell me what kind of distributor that red one is? I have one exactly like it but im clueless on it

collecting smallblocks? hell they was my lego's when you was in diapers...I cant even count how many smallblocks I have around this joint....holy crow I gotta git rid of some of this stuff.......the distributor in the 318 is just a red mallory cap on a stock electronic ignition distributor and don't go all crazy on me I'm just bustin yur chops about the diapers thing.... well it's prolly true but don't take it personal :)
you collecting small blocks now waggs? :toothy10: Cn you tell me what kind of distributor that red one is? I have one exactly like it but im clueless on it

collecting smallblocks? hell they was my lego's when you was in diapers...I cant even count how many smallblocks I have around this joint....holy crow I gotta git rid of some of this stuff.......the distributor in the 318 is just a red mallory cap on a stock electronic ignition distributor and don't go all crazy on me I'm just bustin yur chops about the diapers thing.... well it's prolly true but don't take it personal :)
hahaha, it is probably true:toothy10: you have collected quite the collection of parts I bet.:glasses2: Eh, I try not to take anyone too seriously around here anymore or you get yourself in trouble fast.:axe: Still have that Charger sitting out back?:happy3:

Thanks for giving me some info on that distributor, I was wondering what it was because I knew it wasn't a stock cap atleast on it.:hello2:

-
Back