Dad's "New" Project - 66 Valiant

-

1969VADart

Reaction score
My dad picked up this new project this morning. A young kid had the car and didn't want to fool with it anymore, so he gave it to my dad for nothing. The car has less than 60,000 original miles on it. It has had three owners. Has the 225 in it. Needs some obvious work, but appears to be a great base for a project. The paint is the original silver paint, but obviously needs to be redone and the interior is all original. Admittedly, I am going to need some help with this one as we start working on it. Not really up on my Slant 6 knowledge. Will be posting a separate thread with my first question elsewhere. Should be fun though. Disregard that stupid spoiler on the back; it is the first thing coming off. Hope to have it running for cruise-ins this spring.
IMG_6219.JPG

IMG_6220.JPG

IMG_6221.JPG

IMG_6222.JPG

IMG_6223.JPG

IMG_6227.JPG

IMG_6229.JPG

Sweet deal - free is a very good price! That will be a whole herd of fun to get spruced up. With three differences (manual vs. auto, manual steering vs. PS, and 2-door vs. 4-door) it's the same as mine. Feel free to reach out if you have questions.

Love those 66 Valiants!

What an awesome score for your Dad! And kudos to the kid who had it- realizing it wasn't for him, and forwarding it to someone who can appreciate it. Too often they just end up on the back of a flatbed heading to the pick 'n pull. Another one saved!
But, yeah, that spoiler- on what planet..? :eek: :realcrazy:
Anyhow, good luck to you both, and enjoy!

A relatively easy project, congrats! Check all the safety stuff, clean her up and drive it. It's all about the fun.

Nice looking project. :thumbsup:Real plain vanilla as far as options. Even a radio delete car! It did come with buffed silver paint though. One of my '66 Barracudas has the exact same paint/interior color option. With a June 8 shipping order date, it's a pretty late build.

-
Back