DAKOTA HEADERS IN AN A BODY Im going for it

-

dustoff440

Reaction score
AFTER I SAW DAKOTA MANIFOLDS IN AN A BODY WITH MINIMAL GRINDING IVE DECIDED iM GOING TO GET SOME OF THOSE $100 STAINLESS DAKOTA HEADERS FROM E BAY AND STUFF THEM IN MY 70 DART,IF THIS WORKS WITHOUT MAJOR FRIGGING THEN WE HAVE AN EXTREMELY CHEAP DURABLE ALTERNATIVE TO 650 DOLLAR TTI ILL KEEP YOU POSTED

Im ready to go either way on the steering it currently has power but I also have a good std steering box which I have been looking for an excuse to put in

NOOOOOO

Please for my sake...put it in with the POWER STEERING!

Heee Heee...I'm only asking for myself!

GO FOR IT

Please update with details and pictures....I like cheap low flow alternatives!

Aloha Mike

I;ve been curious about this myself. I know regular headers would flow alittle more, but it would be so nice not to take the tie rods ends off just to change a starter.Please post pics!!

AFTER I SAW DAKOTA MANIFOLDS IN AN A BODY WITH MINIMAL GRINDING IVE DECIDED iM GOING TO GET SOME OF THOSE $100 STAINLESS DAKOTA HEADERS FROM E BAY AND STUFF THEM IN MY 70 DART,IF THIS WORKS WITHOUT MAJOR FRIGGING THEN WE HAVE AN EXTREMELY CHEAP DURABLE ALTERNATIVE TO 650 DOLLAR TTI ILL KEEP YOU POSTED

I am also anxious to see if they work although we haven't seen the stainless ones used...yet.
You will be the first!!!!
Keep us posted

I am also anxious to see if they work although we haven't seen the stainless ones used...yet.
You will be the first!!!!
Keep us posted

did they fit?? i think the pass side will work fine, the driver side will be a pain..

plz let know

NOOOOOO

Please for my sake...put it in with the POWER STEERING!

Heee Heee...I'm only asking for myself!

GO FOR IT

Please update with details and pictures....I like cheap low flow alternatives!

Aloha Mike

+1 for us power steering guys.

It'll sure surprise me if they fit, especially with power steering. Dakota's have a ton more room than an A-body and I remember my 93 Dakota that had a set of them cheap headers was pretty darn close in a lot of places. I wish you the best of luck.

Nope, I just looked at that post and he used regular headers. There was one picture with the motor out of the car with them on it, but never installed. :-(

According to his post #51 he says he used long tube headers because by his calculations the Dakota headers won't fit.

Where did you see "DAKOTA MANIFOLDS IN AN A BODY WITH MINIMAL GRINDING" ?

Unfortunately wires seem to have been crossed here. Seeing Dakata "manifolds" fitted into an A body does not equate to Dakota "headers" fitting, for obvious reasons. Still, It'd be great if they did fit. I was wondering about that a while back but with shipping at @230 USD for a pair to Australia there was too much risk involved in buying a pair and seeing for myself. In the thread referred to by "Sharpie" he didnt seem to try a test fit, rather the measurements (31" inches across with the Dakota headers installed, as against "28 inches across the shock towers) told him they would not.

I'd be interested in this too - just got a 73 Swinger into my shop that the owner is dropping a 360 into and wants to do some affordable power upgrades...

I sold the 318 out of my dakota with the headers still on it.... if I had only known how much of a pain the long tubes would be, I would of kept th e headers! I'm interested myself!

You guys are all whistling Dixie thinking they'll work. Read post #20 from SydCuda. Sharpie said he measured his car from between the shock towers and it measured 28". He also measured how wide the engine was with the Dakota headers installed and it was 31". Where you gonna put that other 3 inches??? Just look at the picture where Strokerscamp showed stock manifolds fitting and you'll see they are super close. I know for fact the Dakota shorty headers stick out a bunch farther each direction than stock manifolds because I owned a 93 Dakota and installed those shorty headers on it. They took up a lot more space (stuck out farther from the engine) than the stock manifolds.

-
Back