Dakota rear discuss brakes on a 8.75

-

sport74

Reaction score
Has anyone seen or swapped a rear disc set up off a Dakota 8.25 to a 8.75? I was thinking this might be a cost effective conversion and wanted to see if it had been done before

Are you talking rear disc brake swap from a Dakota to a 8 3/4"?

I've never done it.

But how would you get the emergency brake to work properly? Most rear disc brake set-ups have what they call "parking brakes" vs "emergency brakes". Parking brakes do not have the stopping power to stop the vehicle if the hydraulic brake system fails.... :banghead:

The parking brake is cable actuated on the Dakota just like the emergency brakes on my dart. Discuss brakes ha! Stupid smart phone lol

Most dakotas are the wrong lug pattern. Look into rear discs from a boxy grand cherokee (95-98). They are the right bolt pattern and from what Ive read they are pretty much a bolt on deal for a 8.25.

It should bolt right onto the 8-3/4. The jeep discs are the key I think. Hooking up the emergency brake cable is an unknown to me.

Dodgedifferent2 do you have to have the green bearings? If so how can you tell if you have them already? My 8.75 came out of a 66 charger if that helps. And how much are your brackets?

Don't forget gotta have green bearings!!!

Is that a must have?

Dodgedifferent2 do you have to have the green bearings? If so how can you tell if you have them already? My 8.75 came out of a 66 charger if that helps. And how much are your brackets?

If the rear has not had them installed by someone else, then the answer is no because they are not a stock part.

the emergency brake setup on mopars is stupidity in a box.

the real key is mustang rotors and use ford mustang calipers, then the emergency brake is simplified by 1000%
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=128394

Good lookin out!

-
Back