Dam, just Dam

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Could this have been a M code block? Absolutely all numbers/markings have been ground off the block. Thanks. Kim

4F99A733-DEE3-4535-BA29-CC77EF9E0798.jpeg

72D411FF-284A-4EF3-90EC-5A62B18084A2.jpeg

would the 2 knubs above the oil pump mounting have been drilled and taped?
looks kinda home made IMO.
but you could be right.

I thought on the M code and C body blocks.....as well as 383 A body blocks those bosses next to the oil pump were drilled and tapped too.

I "think" where the holes were drilled should have been bosses. My 69 440 was put together so the mount was fabricated. I don't remember on my 68 GSS.

Guys, That’s what I’m asking. The 2 holes above the oil pump boss are ground off and rounded off curving back to the outside of the block. I think they may have been bosses, but not sure. Hopefully someone that knows these things will chime in. Kim

That's like H code, M code uses the lower mounts that are not drilled

M code.jpg

I’ve had a few 383s like that. A 440 A body has a different mount. Kim

I'm sure you're right as I've seen precious few. Are those blind holes or do they hit the water jacket?

The holes in the first block are like the 383 A-body holes, BUT if it's an RB it's likely a late motor home block. This is a late 440 in a class A.
20160530_115606[1].jpg

Off topic reply warning!
straight axle gasser motorhome?

Sure, why not? The Roadkill guys have probably considered it. More off topic. The yard I took that picture in many years ago had another Class A with the body completely removed. What was left had the steering column with a roached 68-70 sport steering wheel with a great looking blue Plymouth horn button. Yes, I bought it and sold it long ago...I need to get back out to that yard again soon.

Guys, That’s what I’m asking. The 2 holes above the oil pump boss are ground off and rounded off curving back to the outside of the block. I think they may have been bosses, but not sure. Hopefully someone that knows these things will chime in. Kim

It certainly looks as if the bosses have been ground down.

-
Back