Dana 60 Traction Lok Question...

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Working with a Dana 60 Traction Lok. It's what I have, so I have to make it work. Going in my 75 F250.

So, is there anything I can do to make it tighter? I have used the alternating clutch method in the Ford 8.8 before, but no experience with the Dana 60. I am not looking for locker performance, I simply want both wheels pulling on a daily driver truck. Maybe just rebuild it stock? Thank you drive through.

I've only used the Power Locs in Dana 60's. But I understand the Traction Loc doesn't hold up very well and will burn up the clutches rendering it an open diff. Sorry wish I could help more.

Roy, for performance applications, I agree 100%. However,,this is simply my everyday driver. It will never do a burnout, or anything remotely close. All I am after is to get both tires pulling "just in case" I get in mud, or off road and need a little extra.

I'm sure under those conditions it will hold up just fine. And the times you will need the added traction, it will more than do the job. Though I don't know of any tricks to improve it.

I'm sure under those conditions it will hold up just fine. And the times you will need the added traction, it will more than do the job. Though I don't know of any tricks to improve it.

Me either. I've searched my one good eyeball out. Nothin so far. Thanks, Roy.

-
Back