Dana 60, wilwood brakes, parking brake setup

-

mopardude318

Reaction score
what have you guys done to hook up the parking brake on aftermarket axles with wilwood disc brakes? did you use all new aftermarket universal cables? what sorts of things did you have to do to make these work? just need some ideas..

IMG_0031-1.jpg

IMG_0029-1.jpg

I have that same setup in my cuda. Lokar makes some nice cables that work well. I hooked those into the original front cable that comes off the e-brake handle. They came in black or braided steel.

Attachments

• P4140017.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 687
I have that same setup in my cuda. Lokar makes some nice cables that work well. I hooked those into the original front cable that comes off the e-brake handle. They came in black or braided steel.

whenever you get a chance, can you please take a few pictures of your setup? also, do u remember what part numbers you used for the lokar cables?

thank you.

-james

whenever you get a chance, can you please take a few pictures of your setup? also, do u remember what part numbers you used for the lokar cables?

thank you.

-james

What he said, except mine are on a 8 3/4". I also don't have the original cable from handle, anyone know what with work there or a part number for original if available? Thanks

I too would like to see pictures and get some part numbers if possible.

Thanks.

I too would like to see pictures and get some part numbers if possible.

Thanks.

any one ever change this system over to an in the floor pull handle set up? thinking about trying it on mine, currently doing the brake lines now.:cheers:

I'm planning to use the Lokar hand brake with the lokar cables. I've got the part numbers for everything but just haven't had the time/money to purchase everything just yet.

Should be by spring though.

Here's what I'm planning to use.

Lokar Hand Parking Brake - EHB-7000F(Chrome) and XEHB-7000F(Black)
floormounthandbrake.png

Lokar Hand Parking Brake Boot - 70-EHBF
520906177_tp.jpg

Lokar Parking Brake cable kit for Wilwood - EC-81FU(Black Housing) and EC-81FHT(Stainless Housing)
41SbTlaWEWL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Riddler

7 years later and here I am gettin back to this problem. LOL

You don’t happen to have a picture or 5 do ya?

I have to crawl back under my car now that the brake and fuel lines are finished and take a look. I’m dealing with a minitubbed and spring relocated car, and with a 4-link it kinda gets complicated under there.

I still have to weld that cable bracket back on where the 2 lines clip into.

-
Back