Dana in a dart

-

1969cuda340

Reaction score
Got the Dana in the dart moved springs in 3 inch’s on both sides the wheel tire combo is just for mock up
15x10 3.5 offset 275 tire. I can go bigger and in the past I trimmed the wheel well lip but I don’t want to do that Rim/tire combo suggestions? Can I move the springs back an inch if I drill a hole in the perch? Any info would be great thanks

59BB3D2F-A8BE-4FE0-85E9-B4F934FB325D.jpeg

5F8B38A6-EAB1-4F39-8555-B021942F9502.jpeg

02EEBF17-13D0-4DFE-B7AF-0DF0D5C379F8.jpeg

Very cool, but that's not a Dana in a Dart...

This is Dana in Dart....
PXL_20210904_201129956.jpg

And a Todd in a Dart behind me

I crack myself up!
:lol:

You can move the rear back on the springs, but you have to be mindful that the springs are an arc, and you will change the pinion angle to more of a nose down position.

And here I thought we were gonna get to see a hot gal named Dana in a Dart.

There was enough threads on my perches that I could space them back 3/8 inch, which allowed 275/60-15s (~28tall)
Had there not been, I would have just knocked them out, installed longer bolts, and fabbed up a thicker spacer. After that I wouldda looked at the shackle angles and fixed that as might have been required. But 3/8 was ok.

But I like your idea. Just make be sure to fill the previous holes so that the thing stays where you put it. Be advised tho, that as you lengthen the front segment, other things can happen...... like wheelhop... I hate that.
BTW;
Super nice nostalgia wheels; I have that style on my 68 Barracuda, but with a 4.5bs.

Last edited:
Once you get the car completely assembled at full weight , your springs will flatten/lengthen and gain you a little more clearance at the front. I shimmed my front hangars about 1/4 back on my duster. Are you using a stock gas tank? You probably cant move the Dana back with a stock tank. It will be very close.

There are spacers to move the front hanger rearward. Dont think you can get an inch, 1/2" for sure.

Since he's relocated his springs 3" per side, those spacers won't do him any good. He'll either have to drill new holes rearward in the front relocation boxes, or drill out the spring perches like he asked about. I ended up simply drilling out a new set of holes 0.75" rearward in the front relocation boxes in my 66 Dart.

If you redrill the spring perches on the axle, you'll have to do the same to the lower shock mount brackets as well so the u-bolt holes line up. Depending on how far you move the axle back, keep an eye on shock clearance to the axle tube too. Of course, make sure you've got enough slip yoke engagement in the transmission.

-
Back