Dang these are beat

-

ADAM EVANS

Reaction score
these came off a 74 plymouth duster now i have to find replacements i think they are hooker 5215 but they didnt really fit well is there a alternative ??? fender header wise!

Screenshot_20200322-140035.png

Screenshot_20200322-140044.png

Screenshot_20200322-140051.png

Screenshot_20200322-140059.png

Screenshot_20200322-140106.png

Screenshot_20200322-140112.png

Hello All,
Guessing it took someone more time to re-engineer them then to just replace them.
But, I do give them a B + for creativity.
Happy Mopar :)
Arron

Dude .. give the guy a break//he's asking for help....:thumbsup:

welcome to the forum !!!!!!!!!! ALLLOOOOTTTTTTT of knowledge here !!!

your in goooddd company,, quite sure you will have an answer before dinner//

But if you already don't know /this is not a chevy/ford forum//nothin mopar is cheap !!!!!!!!

Hello All,
Guessing it took someone more time to re-engineer them then to just replace them.
But, I do give them a B + for creativity.
Happy Mopar :)
Arron

Oh I had no part in these I am a welder by trade and I would not dare put my name anywhere near these lol previous owner for sure

Dude .. give the guy a break//he's asking for help....:thumbsup:

welcome to the forum !!!!!!!!!! ALLLOOOOTTTTTTT of knowledge here !!!

your in goooddd company,, quite sure you will have an answer before dinner//

But if you already don't know /this is not a chevy/ford forum//nothin mopar is cheap !!!!!!!!

Thank you kind sir!! And I'm about 2k in already so found that out pretty quick ...doesn't scare me though

Once again welcome !!!!! where mustang's and camero's run scared !!

tradesman ??? in a rush ??? buy some flanges and use them as prints and tig up a set with a summit kit ?????

Last edited:
not even dinner time!!!! I luv this group !!!!!!!!!:icon_fU:

cant even make them for that and they are coated too !!!

Hedman Hedders fenderwells. I'd use those over hookers every time.

If you want something different - that is better fitting into the body- already made, then look at Schumacher big block (if available), TTI, maybe Dougs. If you're OK coming through the fender, then options are a little different.

If you want to make your own, look up Headers by Ed. Buy his flanges and parts. If you drive on the street, then you'll have to route the tubes over the K frame. When Ed offered headers, his mopar headers went through and under the K-frame. That's too low for general street use. His advice on welding, keeping the flanges flat, and pinching the tubes into the collector is all good. Try not to ask questions when on the phone, unless you have many hours to kill!

My suggestion is to look at the tube routing of different designs and decide what you can live with. Do they make spark plug access difficult? Do they block access to items that may need service (starter)? Run close to fuel line routes, etc etc.

I'm a big fan of Calvin Elston. He's been generous with his insight on Speedtalk and other locations.

If you want something different - that is better fitting into the body- already made, then look at Schumacher big block (if available), TTI, maybe Dougs. If you're OK coming through the fender, then options are a little different.

If you want to make your own, look up Headers by Ed. Buy his flanges and parts. If you drive on the street, then you'll have to route the tubes over the K frame. When Ed offered headers, his mopar headers went through and under the K-frame. That's too low for general street use. His advice on welding, keeping the flanges flat, and pinching the tubes into the collector is all good. Try not to ask questions when on the phone, unless you have many hours to kill!

My suggestion is to look at the tube routing of different designs and decide what you can live with. Do they make spark plug access difficult? Do they block access to items that may need service (starter)? Run close to fuel line routes, etc etc.

I'm a big fan of Calvin Elston. He's been generous with his insight on Speedtalk and other locations.

I agree with this^^^^^^^^^^.

If you can fabricate and weld, you can build your own. I've done it, but I won't do it again. I'm too old for that crap.

But, if you can do it, especially for what you want, I'd make my own. And I would do what I could do to NOT build fender well headers. IMO, unless you are building something ally wild, I'd build something with 1.875 tubes, no more than 34 inches long and a 3 inch collector.

That's where I'd start. Fender well headers are a power killer. They are just too long.

Wow you guys are awesome ..now I read something on jegs website about the center line of after market heads are different bthen stock and sometimes there is fitment issues?? Is this true ...those coated ones lol sick hmmm

-
Back