Dart 26" Radiator 440/6 pack

-

BadBee

'69 Dart 440/6/4 speed
Reaction score
Hello All
I have a stock 26" Era correct 69 radiator, I have 190* thermostat as recommended by the factory as usual she runs ok but in traffic on hot days you know it TEmp rises I can live with it BUT. What goes in with no B.S. for an Aluminum radiator? I was looking at Champion 3 row and using my factory schroud. Any other input?
A THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL,
MITCH

On hot days temperature rises to what value? What's your question? I don't understand "What goes in with no B.S. for an aluminum radiator?"

Some 440-6 cars with the standard rear end ratio of 3.23 came with 22" radiators.

So 26" was not standard based on engine size at times.

He's looking for a "bolt in and go direct fit" aluminum radiator it sounds to me.

He's looking for a "bolt in and go direct fit" aluminum radiator it sounds to me.

That is what it sounds like. In which case, the Champion 3 row isn't necessarily the right choice. They pretty much all need a new set of holes drilled in the mounts to get them to fit with the factory mounting locations.

Now, whether that's too much BS is up to the installer. I thought it was easy, and considering the price difference to the stuff that's allegedly bolt-in I was ok with drilling some holes. And not all the "bolt-in" advertised radiators end up being bolt-in. The factory shroud may take some adapting to fit to the Champion radiator as well. The Champions are not really designed as a "stock replacement" radiator. I love mine, but I also wasn't trying to use stock equipment on it.

Check with Cold Case Radiators website they have 26" BB mopar aluminum radiators with 2 row 1 1/4 tubes. They might have what you are looking for.

Hello All
I have a stock 26" Era correct 69 radiator, I have 190* thermostat as recommended by the factory as usual she runs ok but in traffic on hot days you know it TEmp rises I can live with it BUT. What goes in with no B.S. for an Aluminum radiator? I was looking at Champion 3 row and using my factory schroud. Any other input?
A THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ALL,
MITCH
I have been thru this with several cars.
The only radiators I have found to work and almost bolt in are "Direct fit" Griffin radiators.
Their 2 row 1 1/4 tubes core design cools very well.
Yes they are expensive, but you will spend more trying to get some cheap piece of crap to work.
It's not rocket surgery, get the best radiator and a fan that moves the most air and it will work, if you make short cuts you'll have issues.
Good luck

Last edited:
-
Back